[SOLVED] RYZEN 5600X & X570 Tomahawk CPU DEBUG LED

Dec 12, 2020
Hi all! I have a problem with RYZEN 5600X and MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk mobo. I’m installing a fresh build and my system starts, but there is a black screen and EZ Debug CPU LED is on constantly. All components are disconnected, I tried to boot using only motherboard and CPU and the problem still occurs. I replaced my mobo to another X570 Tomahawk from the retailer and it’s the same. I successfully updated the BIOS to the latest version with the flash BIOS button feature (it took about 7 minutes and then the PC rebooted). But it didn’t help. PSU and all cables are OK I tried a few times to build it again and again. CPU looks like it’s OK, no thermal paste, no bent pins. Do you have any idea what can help me?

Solution
Try update bios again but this time try the suggested procedure, ie clearing cmos with JBAT1 first. Afterwards put in one stick of ram then try again.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Dec 12, 2020
I think my BIOS updated successfully. It was done exactly as people describe that it should be. It took around 7 mins and then the system turned off and on. But it didn’t help me.

Dec 12, 2020
Yes, sure. Same thing if using a jumper bridging both pins.
Thank you very much. It worked after I put one stick of RAM to the slot you mentioned. Now I don’t have to buy Intel 😄 For anyone who reads this and have the same problem. You have to put one stick of RAM inside your mobo if other methods don’t help.

Reactions: boju