Question Ryzen 5700g crashing (kernel power 41) with Gigabyte b550m ds3h/evga gd 600w

hypercubed

Prominent
Nov 4, 2020
My PC keeps crashing (black screen, fans still going, caps lock doesn't work, have to power cycle the PSU). This only really happens when gaming in fullscreen.
At first I thought it was just because I was messing about with overclocking the iGPU but today it crashed when I only have XMP on (3600MHz).
Do I need a new motherboard or power supply? Or is there another solution?

Full specs:
Ryzen 7 5700G
16GB Team Dark Pro Za 3600MHz (1.35V)
Gigabyte b550m ds3h (bios version f14e)
EVGA GD 600W
be quiet! Pure Rock Slim v2

Lutfij

Titan
As opposed to enabling X.M.P, manually input the frequency, timings and voltage as stated on the side of the ram stick in BIOS. See if that alleviates the issue. Also, how old is the PSU in your build? What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, please mention the version of the OS. Was this build an upgrade from an older build? If so, did you simply migrate the storage over to the upgraded build or did you reinstall the OS?

hypercubed

Prominent
Nov 4, 2020
As opposed to enabling X.M.P, manually input the frequency, timings and voltage as stated on the side of the ram stick in BIOS. See if that alleviates the issue. Also, how old is the PSU in your build? What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, please mention the version of the OS. Was this build an upgrade from an older build? If so, did you simply migrate the storage over to the upgraded build or did you reinstall the OS?

• The PSU is brand new (like 1 month old)
  • Windows 10 Education 21H1
  • Wasn't an upgrade. The SSD was from an old prebuilt but I did a fresh Windows install.

hypercubed

Prominent
Nov 4, 2020
Update: Just crashed after using manual XMP settings.
One thing I noticed is what HWInfo reports the DRAM voltage to be 1.38 or 1.39 when it should be 1.35. Is that a problem, and if so could I slightly undervolt it?