Question Ryzen 5800x cpu change causes Windows to freeze after 10-15s

Feb 6, 2022
To start off my system specs are:
Ryzen 7 5800x 32 Gb 3600Mhz ram MSI x570 gaming plus carbon wifi 1000 W 80+ gold certified psu 3070 ti founders edition And 3 hard drive (ssd accounts for one) and 1 external drive
3 monitors as well
I just swapped out my 3800x for a 5800x cpu.
Every time I boot my new build up to Windows, it posts easily. But as soon as I log into Windows it's like the computer cannot handle the weight of the OS. The OS essentially freezes and I cannot use anything on the desktop at all. Chrome doesn't open, same with file explorer, some light applications do function normally but I can't refresh the desktop without it crashing as well. It seems like the computer is having a power issue.
I tried: chkdsk (why not right), turned off xmp, turned off game boost, SFC /scannow (which said it found one error and fixed it which did nothing)
I cleared CMOS, tried taking out components to see if anything was the culprit and they were not.
Issues ONLY happened after I installed the new cpu.
I am very lost for what to do.

To start off my system specs are:
Ryzen 7 5800x 32 Gb 3600Mhz ram MSI x570 gaming plus carbon wifi 1000 W 80+ gold certified psu 3070 ti founders edition And 3 hard drive (ssd accounts for one) and 1 external drive
3 monitors as well
I just swapped out my 3800x for a 5800x cpu.
Every time I boot my new build up to Windows, it posts easily. But as soon as I log into Windows it's like the computer cannot handle the weight of the OS. The OS essentially freezes and I cannot use anything on the desktop at all. Chrome doesn't open, same with file explorer, some light applications do function normally but I can't refresh the desktop without it crashing as well. It seems like the computer is having a power issue.
I tried: chkdsk (why not right), turned off xmp, turned off game boost, SFC /scannow (which said it found one error and fixed it which did nothing)
I cleared CMOS, tried taking out components to see if anything was the culprit and they were not.
Issues ONLY happened after I installed the new cpu.
I am very lost for what to do.
Could be the new CPU doesn't like your RAM for some reason. Have you tried running at default DDR4 speeds to see if it's stable?
Sometimes a bios update can fix some stability issues. Though you don't really want to do that while the system is unstable unless you can flash outside of Windows.
Have you checked the new CPU for any bent pins?
Do CPU temperatures look normal?

Feb 6, 2022
Could be the new CPU doesn't like your RAM for some reason. Have you tried running at default DDR4 speeds to see if it's stable?
Sometimes a bios update can fix some stability issues. Though you don't really want to do that while the system is unstable unless you can flash outside of Windows.
Have you checked the new CPU for any bent pins?
Do CPU temperatures look normal?

I have done everything you said. CPU temps are nominal, tried default ram speeds, and tried a new bios update. I can flash bios outside of my system as my MOBO has a flash bios button. But this has done nothing still :(

I have done everything you said. CPU temps are nominal, tried default ram speeds, and tried a new bios update. I can flash bios outside of my system as my MOBO has a flash bios button. But this has done nothing still :(
The fact that it worked before tells me that all your other components are fine. It suggests there's something about this CPU, it could be it doesn't like your memory modules, but unless you've got another set from a different brand that's difficult to judge.

It could be there is just something wrong this chip, it does happen, but it is rare.

Feb 6, 2022
The fact that it worked before tells me that all your other components are fine. It suggests there's something about this CPU, it could be it doesn't like your memory modules, but unless you've got another set from a different brand that's difficult to judge.

It could be there is just something wrong this chip, it does happen, but it is rare.

I doubt its the chip...you sure its not a software issue?

I doubt its the chip...you sure its not a software issue?
Can't be sure of anything. I just find it odd that a fully working system with an X570 board suddenly stops working by simply dropping a Zen 3 chip in it. it could be the way the chip is configured, voltage slightly too low, frequency pushed too high ect... When I've had stability problems with Ryzen it was down to the memory. However if your memory worked fine before, it seems unlikely that it shouldn't work with Zen 3.