[SOLVED] ryzen 5800X

Apr 7, 2021
HI,

i have the 5800X with dark rock 4 pro (idle temps between 45-50...+/- 1 ). a few days ago a friend said that he has an option to get me a new asus ryujin 240 for a really good price so I was wondering if I would benefit or I would just waste my money? also I normally stay away from watercooling...just in case :)

any suggestions would be appriciated :)

Thank you

D

Deleted member 2720853

Only thing that would beat an air cooler as good as the Dark Rock Pro 4 would be a good quality 360mm AIO, and even then barely, by like 1 or 2 degrees. 280mm and below are a waste of time.

Reactions: Dj0gany

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
HI,

i have the 5800X with dark rock 4 pro (idle temps between 45-50...+/- 1 ). a few days ago a friend said that he has an option to get me a new asus ryujin 240 for a really good price so I was wondering if I would benefit or I would just waste my money? also I normally stay away from watercooling...just in case :)

any suggestions would be appriciated :)

Thank you
You always check your temps under load not idle.

D

Deleted member 2720853

You always check your temps under load not idle.
Additionally, Ryzen idle temps have always been historically higher, due to more backgound tasks concentrated on one core while the rest are sleeping. Cores that are sleeping generate a small heat footprint when they wake up as well. Load temps are what matters. I have a feeling your Dark Rock Pro 4 is doing just fine cooling that 5800X.

Apr 7, 2021
thanks to all. to be honest i tought that the AIO would benefit me more...never had an AIO because of the possibility that maybe maybe someday could leak...besides even under load the temps are around +/-70 maybe a bit higher in some games.just had the option for an AIO for a good price and so was wondering if it would be a good idea...but I will keep the dark rock

D

Deleted member 2720853

thanks to all. to be honest i tought that the AIO would benefit me more...never had an AIO because of the possibility that maybe maybe someday could leak...besides even under load the temps are around +/-70 maybe a bit higher in some games.just had the option for an AIO for a good price and so was wondering if it would be a good idea...but I will keep the dark rock
Those temps are perfectly normal if not fantastic for a 5800X, the hottest running chip in the Zen 3 lineup.