[SOLVED] Ryzen 5900x and Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo

maqjav

Reputable
May 16, 2017
Hello!
I just bought an AMD ryzen 5900x and I'm looking for a good cooler.
I'm not planning to do OC.

I was looking for the Noctua NH-D15 and D14 coolers, but they are way too big and they don't fit in my case.
Another option I have in my mind is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo which I can get tomorrow and acording to the Cooler Master website it is an option for the 5900x.

I know that you cannot compare the Noctua NH coolers with the Cooler Master, but I don't want to change my case (my case allows a cooler with 163mm height top, and the Noctua fans reach 165mm).

Do you think this cooler is enough for the Ryzen 5900x or should I look for another option?

Thanks.

Solution
Hello!

I was looking for the Noctua NH-D15 and D14 coolers, but they are way too big and they don't fit in my case.
Another option I have in my mind is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo which I can get tomorrow and acording to the Cooler Master website it is an option for the 5900x.

I know that you cannot compare the Noctua NH coolers with the Cooler Master, but I don't want to change my case (my case allows a cooler with 163mm height top, and the Noctua fans reach 165mm).

Do you think this cooler is enough for the Ryzen 5900x or should I look for another option?

Thanks.
Try the NH-U12s. The LED 212 one is not so good . If you...
Hello!

Thanks.
Try the NH-U12s. The LED 212 one is not so good . If you want 212 go for rgb. I'd recommend the U12S or U12A

Solution

maqjav

Reputable
May 16, 2017
Hello!

I could get the Noctua-NH-U12A (158 mm with fan), although it costs almost 60€ more than the Cooler Master. Does it really worth the difference in price?
It does look great though ;)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hello!

I could get the Noctua-NH-U12A (158 mm with fan), although it costs almost 60€ more than the Cooler Master. Does it really worth the difference in price?
It does look great though ;)

Thanks for your suggestions.
My friend has the 212 LED, it's contact plate is not very great. At the very least I'd recommend the 212 rgb then the u12s if budget is a concern. The U12A is an excellent cooler, even for OC (ik you're not :) but it depe ds on your budget

Reactions: maqjav

maqjav

Reputable
May 16, 2017
I've been looking for reviews and it looks great, it does fit in my case, it doesn't make too much noise, it won't give me trouble fitting the memory RAM, it seems pretty easy to install and the most important, my CPU is going to be pretty chill, so you convince me ;)

After investing so much money in the CPU I'm not going to go cheap with the cooler.
Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Prad_Bitt