Question Ryzen 7 1700 , no display, bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2019
Hi
I just bought new components for my PC CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard: AsRock A320M - HDV
RAM: Gskill Aegis 16GB (2x8GB)

My other components came from my old PC that worked fine (gtx 550ti and power supply ( i dont remember the name of it ill check it later, its 550W tho)
The problem is that when i put everything together, all fans are spinning , leds are working, hdd is working too But theres no display on my monitor, no bios no post message - nothing , i tried to put single ram sticks to different slots but same results.
Any ideas what can help ?
I know that this motherboard isnt best choice for ryzen 7 but manufacturer says it is supported, and i needed to make it for a small amount of money

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Did you try plugging in your video cable DIRECTLY into the back of your video card (not into the port on the I/O shield)? It may sound silly, but being forgetful can happen.

May 21, 2019
Yes, i connected it straight into my gpu with the same cable that i have used in my old build, i might go and try different type of cable when i get back from work

Yes, i connected it straight into my gpu with the same cable that i have used in my old build, i might go and try different type of cable when i get back from work
Doubtful the cable went bad from build to build, but doesn't hurt to try. Like punkncat mentioned check out the qvl for the ram. And you may try a different pcie slot, just to see. It may be possible the board is bad, or the slot in the board.

Reactions: davew1860
May 21, 2019
My RAM isnt on the QVL from what i checked but i never had problems in similar cases in the past, im afraid my motherboard is bad, ill try few more thing including re-boulding PC, do you guys think BIOS reset might help even if its new motherboard ?
If nothing helps i think ill Pay for a diagnosis at the PC service to make sure what component i should return to the shop

May 21, 2019
My RAM isnt on the QVL from what i checked but i never had problems in similar cases in the past, im afraid my motherboard is bad, ill try few more thing including re-boulding PC, do you guys think BIOS reset might help even if its new motherboard ?
If nothing helps i think ill Pay for a diagnosis at the PC service to make sure what component i should return to the shop
Oh + i cant check different pci e slotv- this motherboard only has one

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

Among the points brought up about the first gen release and chipset was that you should specifically use RAM listed and tested by your motherboard manufacturer. Later BIOS revisions and the 4xx chipsets helped alleviate that. It very well may not be your issue but might be worth finding a single 4gb stick that is (on QVL) to see if your boot issue resolves. If so you can update the BIOS and try the others. If not, would pursue it as a bad motherboard first and perhaps go with a 4xx chipset instead.

Just for giggles I would also take a good look at all the pins on the CPU.

Reactions: Grinch022
May 21, 2019
Among the points brought up about the first gen release and chipset was that you should specifically use RAM listed and tested by your motherboard manufacturer. Later BIOS revisions and the 4xx chipsets helped alleviate that. It very well may not be your issue but might be worth finding a single 4gb stick that is (on QVL) to see if your boot issue resolves. If so you can update the BIOS and try the others. If not, would pursue it as a bad motherboard first and perhaps go with a 4xx chipset instead.

Just for giggles I would also take a good look at all the pins on the CPU.
I think it will be the best option , i gonna give it to the service tomorrow so they can confirm if its motherboard or something else ill let You know in 2 or more days when they return it to me

adriantnt

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
I debugged this for 12 hours, Ryzen 7 1700 on a Gigabyte B550i motherboard.
If anyone has the "no video" / "no boot" problem...

Try booting with another GPU and if it boots, set the PCIE16 bifurcation from "Auto" to something else (2x8, 4x4, etc). That did the trick for me, strange problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.