Question Ryzen 7 1700, random heat wave

Uddhav

Prominent
May 29, 2020
I own a Ryzen 7 1700 for the past 3 years now, and recently I've been seen a random temperature hike upwards of 90*+, with not more than 5% of CPU use. In the performance monitor one core seems to be getting used for something, but not sure, I updated my bios to the lasted version too. I have-
CPU- Ryzen 7 1700
Ram- Corsair 16gb dule channel
512GB m.2 Nvme
GTX 1660 and GTX 1050ti
Corsair AIO 120mm.
Motherboard- gigabyte AB350 gaming rv.1

The temperature settles if I restart my PC or sometimes automatically but mostly I have to restart. I also did multiple stress tests for hours but the temperature did not rise above 50 degrees

I own a Ryzen 7 1700 for the past 3 years now, and recently I've been seen a random temperature hike upwards of 90*+, with not more than 5% of CPU use. In the performance monitor one core seems to be getting used for something, but not sure, I updated my bios to the lasted version too. I have-
CPU- Ryzen 7 1700
512GB m.2 Nvme
GTX 1660 and GTX 1050ti
Corsair AIO 120mm.
The temperature settles if I restart my PC or sometimes automatically but mostly I have to restart. I also did multiple stress tests for hours but the temperature did not rise above 50 degrees
Did you do some serious malware checks ?

CPU- Ryzen 7 1700
512GB m.2 Nvme
GTX 1660 and GTX 1050ti
Corsair AIO 120mm.

Considering the unexpected heavy load on one core definitely look for some malware. But that 3yo 120mm Corsair AIO is probably a good starting point for why it's heating up so much. Older ones that use rubber tubing are prone to early liquid volume loss from evaporation through the tubing, modern AIO's that use FEP tubing are much less susceptible. Considering the volume in that size of AIO is barely enough anyway it can't stand much before it seriously impacts performance, especially if it's also clogging the heat plate microfins with deposits from solids left behind after evaporation.

Last edited: