Sai Vasudev

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
I'm planning to buy a new PC for video rendering, i'm frequently using keyshot 7.0, gem vision matrix for render & also using after effect for compositing.

i had a confusion with these 2 processors you guys plz guide me. which processor i can choose. below i will give you my pc specs. if any components are not gud. plz tell me.

and i'm planning to buy "Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 CPU Liquid Cooler" because i continuously using my desktop for more than 4 days so only. or i can choose static cooler which comes with the processor.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / AMD Ryzen 7 1700

ASUS Prime B350-Plus

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8GB DDR4

ASUS Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition

Seagate baraccuda 2TB

Western Digital WDS240G2G0A 240GB SATA / Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SATA III (i'm choosing WD coz it's less price. plz tell me valid reason to choose samsung evo)

Cooler Master MPW-5502-ACABW-IN 550W Power Supply

Circle CC 830 (Plz suggest Any better cabinet for my PC. )

No reason to choose a SATA drive with Intel's 660P NVME drives on such outstanding sale prices on Amazon....a 1 TB drive is $109, with a 500 GB is $82....and even 2 TB is only $227... (I consider a 240-250 GB SSD almost obsolete with the good pricing on so many 500 GB units.

If your applications for rendering do better with more cores, the R7-1700 is priced pretty attractively...

I never blow much money that could be spent elsewhere on cases, as Corsairs 100R and 200 are only $55 and $60, respectively...

Sai Vasudev

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
No reason to choose a SATA drive with Intel's 660P NVME drives on such outstanding sale prices on Amazon....a 1 TB drive is $109, with a 500 GB is $82....and even 2 TB is only $227... (I consider a 240-250 GB SSD almost obsolete with the good pricing on so many 500 GB units.

If your applications for rendering do better with more cores, the R7-1700 is priced pretty attractively...

I never blow much money that could be spent elsewhere on cases, as Corsairs 100R and 200 are only $55 and $60, respectively...
Thank you for your opinion. is any suggestions about graphics card

I'm planning to buy a new PC for video rendering, i'm frequently using keyshot 7.0, gem vision matrix for render & also using after effect for compositing.

i had a confusion with these 2 processors you guys plz guide me. which processor i can choose. below i will give you my pc specs. if any components are not gud. plz tell me.

and i'm planning to buy "Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 CPU Liquid Cooler" because i continuously using my desktop for more than 4 days so only. or i can choose static cooler which comes with the processor.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 / AMD Ryzen 7 1700

ASUS Prime B350-Plus

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8GB DDR4

ASUS Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition

Seagate baraccuda 2TB

Western Digital WDS240G2G0A 240GB SATA / Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SATA III (i'm choosing WD coz it's less price. plz tell me valid reason to choose samsung evo)

Cooler Master MPW-5502-ACABW-IN 550W Power Supply

Circle CC 830 (Plz suggest Any better cabinet for my PC. )
Agree that video rendering is one of those apps more cores/threads helps with so the 1700 is a better choice.

But re-look at the cooling solution. An 8 core will need better cooling than a 120mm radiator can reliably offer. The processor will start overheating when the small capacity of liquid in that cooler thermally saturates which could occur after about an hour of video rendering.

I'd seriously consider going with a 240mm radiator cooler and then you'd want to get a case that supports it in a front-mount configuration. If you stay with that case then a massive air cooler...like Noctua NH-U14s or NH-D15 even...and a full complement of quiet running case fans to pull the hot air out. This way you can have a quiet computer AND keep the processor cool working at an all-night rendering task even when it's overclocked.