[SOLVED] RYZEN 7 1700 x Samsung 1366x768 60hZ

THOMAS 21

Commendable
Apr 3, 2019
Hello guys i am getting the r7 1700 with 8 gb ram and a b450 mobo. I have the above screen and i am curious if the new pc will be bottlenecked by the screen because it reaches only 720p. I am sure that in the graphics section it will be bottlenecked but what goes on with performance and smoothness in games? I am more concerned about Fortnite gameplay.

Solution
of course if you are using a monitor capable of only 720P/768P at 60Hz refresh rate, then your CPU and GPU may be under utilized...but, so what? Not everything precisely matches our chosen GPU, CPU, or monitor....use what you have, upgrade later when/if you choose to do so, not because someone tells you your TV is 'bottlenecking' you...

(I play BF1 on a 60 Hz 1080P monitor, and 60 Hz works fine for most folks)
of course if you are using a monitor capable of only 720P/768P at 60Hz refresh rate, then your CPU and GPU may be under utilized...but, so what? Not everything precisely matches our chosen GPU, CPU, or monitor....use what you have, upgrade later when/if you choose to do so, not because someone tells you your TV is 'bottlenecking' you...

(I play BF1 on a 60 Hz 1080P monitor, and 60 Hz works fine for most folks)

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution