Ryzen 7 1800x CPU hit 90C after installing Samsung 960 Evo m.2 NVMe SSD.

zackpinson7

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018
My system has been running fine for about a month. Ryzen 7 1800x CPU, gskill ram, gigabyte ab350 gaming 3 Mobo, kraken x52 aio, gigabyte GeForce g1 GTX 1080, Corsair 570x case with every fan slot full. Ran perfectly until I installed the Samsung 960 Evo m.2 NVMe SSD. Once I booted up I noticed the CPU was at 90C and it shut off. Let it cool, booted in BIOS and the temp steadily rose back to 90C and shut off. This is my first build and everything was still in the return and warranty window so I took it to micro center because I couldn't figure it out and couldn't find a similar problem. The guy troubleshooting it doesn't really seem on top of it. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Solution
DOuble check the pump is still plugged in, and that it's power input has not been dislodged/knocked off it's header....

Double check fans to radiator are on/running adequately...

Double check that pump is evenly locked down/secured to processor......

(I'd say the two events, 960 EVO/high temps, are unrelated, barring a reinstall where some key pump control software was skipped, etc....)

Pump failures are about an bi-hourly event here at the forum....
DOuble check the pump is still plugged in, and that it's power input has not been dislodged/knocked off it's header....

Double check fans to radiator are on/running adequately...

Double check that pump is evenly locked down/secured to processor......

(I'd say the two events, 960 EVO/high temps, are unrelated, barring a reinstall where some key pump control software was skipped, etc....)

Pump failures are about an bi-hourly event here at the forum....

Solution