Question Ryzen 7 2700 OC on an A320M-S2H V2 (B350 chipset)

Ilegator

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
Hello. So my question is: how safe would it be to do an slight OC (3,9-4,0 Ghz maybe?) to a Ryzen 7 2700 on an A320M-S2H V2 that has a B350 chipset? I'd use the stock heatsink, but I might get one if necessary.
If it's not safe at all, what is the cheapest motherboard that could support 2700 OC properly? I was thinking about the MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX (+-80€ in Spain).
PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold Plus

Thank you.

Jan 4, 2020
very safe because the mobo has EasyTune feature that can oc the cpu further than you mentioned the stock heatsink is ok. but there are better out there. just look at your mobo page. also i do hope your case airflow is nice because the motherboard vrms might get a bit hotter than usual after the overclock.

Reactions: Ilegator
Hers a list of motherboards OC capability, your board is not on the list so it will probably be a weak overclocker, I had another list for 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen but forgot the website for it, anyways it should be the same trend:
2iwdy5wrrly31.png

You can try a slight OC with your current board and test with Prime95 maxheat/stress test. My AB350Pro4 would crash with anything above stock because VRM gets hot and PC shutdown.
I just bought an ASRock X370 Fatal1ty Professional, its one of the best X370 boards.

Don't OC with stock heatsink, your CPU will throttle which will make your OC useless. Buy either a Noctua if you have the budget, if not, the Freezer 34 DUO will be good too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilegator
I guess I'm fortunate. Running a 1700x with a wraith prism on the ASRock ab350 pro 4 at 3.8ghz and 1.325 volts with max temp of 69C during Intel burn test. Think I may have a little room left. But I've got CPU fan on full speed. Using cooler master mb511 with 6 120mm fans in it.

I guess I'm fortunate. Running a 1700x with a wraith prism on the ASRock ab350 pro 4 at 3.8ghz and 1.325 volts with max temp of 69C during Intel burn test. Think I may have a little room left. But I've got CPU fan on full speed. Using cooler master mb511 with 6 120mm fans in it.
Try Prime95 max heat/stress test and check voltage at the same time in CPUZ. Mine wouldn't go above 1.3v no matter how hight I set Vcore in bios.

While running Intel burn test, my voltage went max 1.312. However, it did stay stable. I think idle it was 1.296 with voltage set at 1.325.

If I set to 1.3 in bios, my CPU didn't like that. 1.35 works also, but was able to shave a couple of degrees off my temp at 1.325.

Ah. I'm happy enough with 3.8. Wondering if 3.9 would be stable. Though I know on 1st gen ryzen that 4ghz was a bit of a golden cpu. And I don't know that another 100mhz gets a lot except benchmark numbers. I may tinker though, and in a year or so see if this board lets me drop in a 4000 series cpu.