Ryzen 7 2700

• Thread starter Deleted member 2316159
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2316159

Hi! Should I go for the Ryzen 7 2700 having an i7-6700k? Or should I wait till next Intel or AMD gen arrives?
Thanks!

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Is the 6700k powerful enough for what you use it for? If so why do you want to spend money on a new CPU? I would upgrade when the 6700k starts holding you back. It's enough to get the most out of high end GPU's in most games, especially at 1440p+.

The only reason I can think of to upgrade is if you use some serious, fully multithreaded software, here the big Ryzen will pretty well blast your current CPU out of the water, it'll also be a big help if you stream extensively.

For gaming and general uses, the 6700K is still a fine part, and would, most likely, be a bit quicker than the Ryzen for pure gaming.

If you DO have the bug to upgrade and can't let it go:

A SSD isn't a bad idea, it won't help your frame rate but it will make the whole system more responsive, and for most mortals there's not much difference in real world performance between the superfast PCI-E NVMe drives and the far cheaper SATA ones.

After a long while at grossly inflated prices GPUs are selling at something like reasonable sums again, and the core system can easily drive a GTX1080Ti ( budget permitting ;) ) so if the current card is struggling, looking there won't hurt.

Or what about a display upgrade? It's the part many of us neglect but fast, high quality displays are a real boon, not just for gaming either, modern displays have various tricks to help with eyestrain and colour fidelity has never been better with even TN panels regularly showing over 90% sRGB with excellent vibrancy.

D

Deleted member 2316159

I have an ASUS Cerberus 1070 ti.

D

Deleted member 2316159

Great answer! I'll keep the i7 till Intel's 9th gen is released. I've always use Intel without a problem, i'm not a fanboy btw, he! And again, thanks!