[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 2700x OC to 3466mhz ?

Sep 23, 2020
Hello guys, I want to OC my ram through XMP timings and is it possible to have my 3200mhz ram to 3466 mhz? I know 3600mhz is hard to reach with a 2700x. My ram is DDR4 2x8gb Geil Evo X ii AMD edition 3200 mhz. Factory CAS Latency timings are 16-18-18-38 at 1.35V. Will my system be able to reach 3466mhz. My mobo's maximum freq is 3466mhz.

My Pc specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Asrock B450 Steel Legend
ASUS Strix GTX 1070.
Geil Evo X ii AMD edition
128gb M.2 SSD
1TB Barracuda 5900 RPM HDD
Megamax ii 700w 80 plus White PSU

Solution
My ram is DDR4 2x8gb Geil Evo X ii AMD edition PC25600 3200 mhz CL 16-18-18-38. Ram link: http://www.geilmemory.com/product/?id=46

PSU is Zalman Megamax ii 700w 80 plus White
Here's the 80 plus certification:AllItems.aspx
That does not tell me the exact model of your memory. All that tells me is what SERIES the memory is. There can be MANY and widely VARIED differences between different models from any given series. For example, there are Trident Z sticks which are fantastic and other Trident Z sticks which are barely adequate to carry the Trident Z name, and they are going to have COMPLETELY different performance and characteristics. Some CL 14 B-die or other Samsung IC equipped sticks might be very good...
My ram is DDR4 2x8gb Geil Evo X ii AMD edition PC25600 3200 mhz CL 16-18-18-38. Ram link: http://www.geilmemory.com/product/?id=46

PSU is Zalman Megamax ii 700w 80 plus White
Here's the 80 plus certification:AllItems.aspx
That does not tell me the exact model of your memory. All that tells me is what SERIES the memory is. There can be MANY and widely VARIED differences between different models from any given series. For example, there are Trident Z sticks which are fantastic and other Trident Z sticks which are barely adequate to carry the Trident Z name, and they are going to have COMPLETELY different performance and characteristics. Some CL 14 B-die or other Samsung IC equipped sticks might be very good overclockers on the right platform, while others might barely be able to handle the timings which they already come configured for by profile.

You need to get the exact model of your sticks and if you don't have or can't find the invoice or purchase order, then look on the box. If you don't have the box, then run CPU-Z, click on the SPD tab, select one of the populated DIMM slots from the drop down menu and find the part or model number listing in the information fields.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution