[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 2700x running at 115 degrees while gaming. (stock cooler)

spagooti04

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
on speccy it states that my cpu is running at 115 degrees which is very hot. Do i need a better cpu cooler? and could my cpu running at this high temp be the reason why my ram wont go to its full speed?

Solution
on speccy it states that my cpu is running at 115 degrees which is very hot. Do i need a better cpu cooler? and could my cpu running at this high temp be the reason why my ram wont go to its full speed?

Speccy is inaccurate and should never be used for temps and it doesn't apply the 20 degree offset. Use the AMD Ryzen Master software and report back to what temps you are getting on that.

Speccy is inaccurate and should never be used for temps and it doesn't apply the 20 degree offset. Use the AMD Ryzen Master software and report back to what temps you are getting on that.

Solution
Is that at idle? stock settings? what processing load?

Under reasonable loads with stock settings that's way too hot even for the Wraithe cooler it comes with. If Speccy is accurate (doubtful) it would basically be hitting safety limits which is 20 degrees beyond throttling (95C). Check cooler mounting, properly clipped in place and all the plastic clip bracket screws tight to the backplate.

Added: also, did you check bottom of cooler for factory applied thermal paste? or apply some of your own?

spagooti04

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019

Under reasonable loads with stock settings that's way too hot even for the Wraithe cooler it comes with. If Speccy is accurate (doubtful) it would basically be hitting safety limits which is 20 degrees beyond throttling (95C). Check cooler mounting, properly clipped in place and all the plastic clip bracket screws tight to the backplate.

Added: also, did you check bottom of cooler for factory applied thermal paste? or apply some of your own?

I just checked temps and its at a comfortable 50 degrees which is relieving.