Question Ryzen 7 2700x Temp

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Aloha everyone I just finished my build and was wondering if my 2700x idling at 45-50c is normal? I'm in hawaii and its around 27-32c currently. When gaming and multitasking at the same time I've seen it go as high as 75c. I looked up that amd said that 85c is the highest safest temp that it could go before possibly damaging the cpu, but I'm just new to everything as this is my first PC and I dont want to screw it up. The only thing I can think of is when mounting my Kraken to my CPU I had a bit of trouble getting the bracket on so I had to remove it twice to adjust and finally get it on. I might just buy thermal compound and redo it, but I just wanted to see if this was normal temps for anyone else who had the 2700x.

Mobo - B450 Msi Carbon
GPU - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 (OC'd)
Cooler - Kraken x62 AIO
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3k (OC'd to 3200)
PSU - Corsair 750w Gold +

That cooler should keep temps much lower, is pump running full speed ? Should really try to keep it under 70c. Not because of damage but so it doesn't throttle.
You should also make sure you are reading right temperature HW Info is most acurate and tems to watch for is under CPU (Tdie)

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
I've been using Cam from nzxt and msi afterburner to monitor it, but I'l download hw info when I get home.

I plugged it into pump fan on my mobo so it should be running at full speed right? I don't have 2 cpu fan slots for the fans on the radiator so I have one on cpu fan 1 and the other on sysfan3 until I get my splitter that I ordered to come in.

I've been using Cam from nzxt and msi afterburner to monitor it, but I'l download hw info when I get home.

I plugged it into pump fan on my mobo so it should be running at full speed right? I don't have 2 cpu fan slots for the fans on the radiator so I have one on cpu fan 1 and the other on sysfan3 until I get my splitter that I ordered to come in.
That should be fine, just get that fan splitter so both fans are synced.

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Also for some reason my cpu fan is showing 0 rpm, but it is spinning in the case. Im not sure if its not showing because both fans need to be plugged into the cpu fan slot and not 1 on cpu fan and 1 in system3 like I have it, but Im not sure.