[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x 100ºC at stress test

abous

Honorable
Jul 21, 2015
Hi, I'm worried about my ryzen 3700x temps. Just for the record, I have an AORUS ELITE x570 mobo and my PSU is a CORSAIR TX750 (pretty old yes). I was playing Cod MW yesterday and it got to 102ºC. I have 2 fans at 1000rpm making the air flow from the front to the back. I use the stock cooler (wrath prism) that comes with ryzen on the cpu. Ambient temperature is 15ºC. Today I changed the thermal paste (used akasa silver . 9.24 W/m ºC) because I believed it could get better but I got no much better results. With my case opened I've stress tested my cpu using prime95 and it got to 95ºC. I've seen people complaining of hot temps by 70ºC playing and I've seen a lot of people with 40ºC idle while my idle standard temp is 55ºC-65ºC with the case opened and wrath prism at 3169RPM. What could I possibly do to decrease my temps? By the way I'm running all stock settings no OC at nothing.

Solution
With my case open, I got 95ºC max.. but I still believe it's dangerous to work that high. So I've turned off auto-clocking.
If you want full performance, invest in a good cooler. In mean time you should refrain from running Prime and stuff like that, it's not realistic test.
With my cooler, it idles up to 30c, CB r20 pushes it up to 70c on a hot day, games and heavy work up to 65c but Prime goes over 80c.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
At 15C (59-60F) ambient your 3700x should be idling at a much lower temp.
I have a 3700x on an Asus ROG Strix X470-F with a Scythe Ninja 5 Air cooler in a full tower case with 3 intake fans and 3 exhaust fans at 70-72F (21-22C) ambient.
My CPU idles at 32-34C (according to Ryzen Master).
I have seen it idle as high as 38-39C with an ambient of 78-80F.

I would first look in your BIOS and see about changing your CU cooler fan curve,

If that doesn't help I would delve into your BIOS and try under volting your CPU.
Try setting your VCore to1.32 or 1.34 and see if that lowers temps without negatively affecting performance too much.
I would suggest that you check teh Gigabyte Forums nd see if anyone else with your MB has had similar issues.
It
Another option would be to look into replacing the stock cooler with a decent aftermarket cooler.

Reactions: kurdtnz

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
my guess is it is the stock cooler. my 3700x runs about 75 degrees at full torture test. but sits at mid 60's for gaming and other such activities. that is with a new cooler. it was higher on the stock cooler which i used for a while until the noise got to me. i think i idle in the 35 degree range if i recall right.

i don't have a massive cooler on it but it is a 150w one. i see about 90-95w used at torture test so seems about right to me. it did not seem to me that the stock cooler could handle that full torture load. don't think i saw 100 degrees but it sure was over 90 if i let it run.

Reactions: DMAN999

abous

Honorable
Jul 21, 2015
At 15C (59-60F) ambient your 3700x should be idling at a much lower temp.
I have a 3700x on an Asus ROG Strix X470-F with a Scythe Ninja 5 Air cooler in a full tower case with 3 intake fans and 3 exhaust fans at 70-72F (21-22C) ambient.
My CPU idles at 32-34C (according to Ryzen Master).
I have seen it idle as high as 38-39C with an ambient of 78-80F.

I would first look in your BIOS and see about changing your CU cooler fan curve,

If that doesn't help I would delve into your BIOS and try under volting your CPU.
Try setting your VCore to1.32 or 1.34 and see if that lowers temps without negatively affecting performance too much.
I would suggest that you check teh Gigabyte Forums nd see if anyone else with your MB has had similar issues.
It
Another option would be to look into replacing the stock cooler with a decent aftermarket cooler.
The only thing that decreased my temps so far is disabling auto-overclock. I run at 3600mhz 50ºC

abous

Honorable
Jul 21, 2015
my guess is it is the stock cooler. my 3700x runs about 75 degrees at full torture test. but sits at mid 60's for gaming and other such activities. that is with a new cooler. it was higher on the stock cooler which i used for a while until the noise got to me. i think i idle in the 35 degree range if i recall right.

i don't have a massive cooler on it but it is a 150w one. i see about 90-95w used at torture test so seems about right to me. it did not seem to me that the stock cooler could handle that full torture load. don't think i saw 100 degrees but it sure was over 90 if i let it run.
With my case open, I got 95ºC max.. but I still believe it's dangerous to work that high. So I've turned off auto-clocking.

If you want full performance, invest in a good cooler. In mean time you should refrain from running Prime and stuff like that, it's not realistic test.
With my cooler, it idles up to 30c, CB r20 pushes it up to 70c on a hot day, games and heavy work up to 65c but Prime goes over 80c.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution

TRENDING THREADS