[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x and Corsair H55 cooling

Jun 12, 2020
I am fairly certain I have a Corsair H55 water cooler...feel free to correct me after you see the picture. I am upgrading to a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu and a X570 TUF Gaming Plus (WI-FI) AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard with 32 gigs of DDR 3600 ram. Would the water cooler still work or should I use the wraith prism that comes with the CPU? I will NOT be overclocking.
qrSpfmn.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
I love that little aio. It's the most versatile aio on the planet, works good on just about any average consumer cpu or even gpu made. Not for the enthusiast class stuff like 9900k or 2080ti etc, but for normal stuff it's a champ. Even my oc'd i5-3570k never saw gaming temps over 55°C no matter what I played.

Would recommend pump on sys_fan and fan on cpu_fan though unless you have the stock fan, then hook up per Corsair directions and use SpeedFan, (set the sys_fan header for cpu temp) to voltage control the fan. It is a little loud at max rpm.

But yes, you can use it on a 3700x, it is equitable to the Wraith Prism. But can be quieter overall. Just ask Corsair to send you a bracket, might do for free.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I love that little aio. It's the most versatile aio on the planet, works good on just about any average consumer cpu or even gpu made. Not for the enthusiast class stuff like 9900k or 2080ti etc, but for normal stuff it's a champ. Even my oc'd i5-3570k never saw gaming temps over 55°C no matter what I played.

Would recommend pump on sys_fan and fan on cpu_fan though unless you have the stock fan, then hook up per Corsair directions and use SpeedFan, (set the sys_fan header for cpu temp) to voltage control the fan. It is a little loud at max rpm.

But yes, you can use it on a 3700x, it is equitable to the Wraith Prism. But can be quieter overall. Just ask Corsair to send you a bracket, might do for free.

Solution
Jun 12, 2020

Probably forgot to add I will have an rtx 2060 video card too...

Jun 12, 2020
No matter lol, a 120mm AIO works just as good as a rear/top fan exhaust.
Thank you. I really appreciate you and Tennis2's responses. I will have everything here either Monday or Tuesday and wasn't sure if I needed to pull the wraith out of the box or not :) I simply do not feel like having to summon Sam and Dean to do battle again :p