[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700X Build Components

Jan 5, 2019
Hi guys,

I've decided to upgrade my current System (I5-3450) and returning to AMD.

Since I have'nt followed Tech for a long time, I'd like to ask your oppinion on some parts I would like to start picking when I find a good deal.

RAM: Is DDR4 3200 is still a good choice for the 3700x or should I start looking for faster RAM? Is there anything to consider e.g. regarding the new X570 Chipset?

MoBo: Do I need to wait for the X570 Boards or is a god Deal on a X470 worth it?

3. SSD: Do I have to be aware of something when selecting an M.2 SSD (with X470 or X570)?

My Budget for the CPU; RAM; SSD and MoBo ist around 1.000€ (Please consider Prices in Germany)

What I already have (and would like to keep)
BitFenix Phenom mATX
Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W
Asus Dual GTX 1060 6G OC
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

What I will use the PC for
Light Video and Image Editing
Light Gaming (Witcher 3, CS GO)
Databases and Excel

Thanks

Brian

Solution

Hey Brian,
Since you're doing som video editing as well, the 3700X is an excellent choice.
As for the RAM speed, legitreviews did some scaling test with the Ryzen 7 2700X
DDR4 3200 is very good and 3600 might be a bit better but in real world it will be very hard to notice this difference.
In general; More RAM is better than faster RAM.
Tip: Check the QVL (qualified Vendor List) of your new mainboard before purchasing RAM.

Here's what Linus has to say about it:
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Yt4vSZKVk"][/video]

2. My advice: just wait until the 3700 and 3700X hit the market. Perhaps the Ryzen 7...

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Honestly let it come out and see some benchmarks, faster ram may be possible with the 3000 series. Also no certainty what the x570 may add chipset wise. Just hold on and see what's coming. It's very possibly not a 12c 5ghz processor. I kinda hope it is but just hold on till we actually know something

Jan 9, 2019

Hey Brian,
Since you're doing som video editing as well, the 3700X is an excellent choice.
As for the RAM speed, legitreviews did some scaling test with the Ryzen 7 2700X
DDR4 3200 is very good and 3600 might be a bit better but in real world it will be very hard to notice this difference.
In general; More RAM is better than faster RAM.
Tip: Check the QVL (qualified Vendor List) of your new mainboard before purchasing RAM.

Here's what Linus has to say about it:
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Yt4vSZKVk"][/video]

2. My advice: just wait until the 3700 and 3700X hit the market. Perhaps the Ryzen 7 3700 will be a wiser choice for you, depending on the €uro's price difference.

3. For optimum results (also not really noticeable in real world environment) the M.2 SSD should be a PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) model.

Solution