Status
Not open for further replies.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
What best Graphics Processor Unit for my new Ryzen 7 3700X Computer?
I currently have a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB-GDDR5) on my Ryzen 7 3700X (8C/16T)

I play games like SC2, PUBG, Battlefield 5..today gaming at 1080p 60fps+ max settings ( or modified high settings)

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Currently have a 60HZ 1ms Asus Monitor 23 incher and planning get something that will aloud me get 144fps in PUBG at 1080p max settings later.
Well, it depends on how soon/how far in the future, then. If it's going to be a while, then get something that will allow you to play well at 1080p/60fps, and then, when you finally get the new monitor, get a video card that works with it. By that point, maybe another generation of cards will have been released.

If, however, you're planning on getting the monitor soon - well, honestly, I think it's going to take a 2080 or 2080Ti if you want to play the latest games maxed out at that refresh rate.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
If your budget is truly unlimited, you should go with the most powerful GPU you can get for "future-proofing"

I would reccomend a 2070 super and spend the extra money elsewhere. A 2060 super may cut it depending on game.
If your budget is truly unlimited, you should go with the most powerful GPU you can get for "future-proofing"

I would reccomend a 2070 super and spend the extra money elsewhere. A 2060 super may cut it depending on game.
Geforce RTX 2060 Super (8GB GDDR6) is same as Geforce RTX 2070 (8GB GDDR6)?

The most powerful GPU i can think is a Titan RTX or a RTX 2080 Ti .

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
A little research. Goes a long way.

RX5700 pulls about the same as a 2060 and less than a 2060 super.
Xt consumes a lot more than a 2070
https://blogs-images.forbes.com/antonyleather/files/2019/07/power-1.jpg
Someone got the xt to 2.2ghz with an unlocked power table.
Geforce is the way to go basically. I probably going buy in a few weeks or be waiting until Blacks Friday to buy it.

I looking at Geforce RTX 2060 Super or a Geforce RTX 2070 Super. Since RTX 2070 and RTX 2080 is end of life which is being replaced by super versions. Its that good?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I wonder if the Radeon RX 5700 or Radeon RX 5700 XT AE are another alternative?
If you can find a 5700 or xt without a blower cooler they are a great value.
I think they are power hungry through.
A little research. Goes a long way.

RX5700 pulls about the same as a 2060 and less than a 2060 super.
Xt consumes a lot more than a 2070

Geforce is the way to go basically. I probably going buy in a few weeks or be waiting until Blacks Friday to buy it.

I looking at Geforce RTX 2060 Super or a Geforce RTX 2070 Super. Since RTX 2070 and RTX 2080 is end of life which is being replaced by super versions. Its that good?

I see. Let me be sure that I follow the logic correctly.

A lot of Nvidia cards are mentioned. Nobody mentions the AMD cards, given your resolution and refresh rate goals (1080p @ 144Hz).

Since nobody brought it up, you threw in a "lure" asking about AMD cards.

The moment someone responds to that, you complain then as soon as someone mentions it, you complain that they are power-hungry. Then when disproven on the 5700 part, you jump back to "Geforce is the way to go."

Given the way this thread has progressed, I don't think you were looking for help. This makes your entire thread come off as completely insincere, and just another attempt to engage in AMD-bashing. You had no interest at all in an AMD card when you brought it up.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
I see. Let me be sure that I follow the logic correctly.

A lot of Nvidia cards are mentioned. Nobody mentions the AMD cards, given your resolution and refresh rate goals (1080p @ 144Hz).

Since nobody brought it up, you threw in a "lure" asking about AMD cards.

The moment someone responds to that, you complain then as soon as someone mentions it, you complain that they are power-hungry. Then when disproven on the 5700 part, you jump back to "Geforce is the way to go."

Given the way this thread has progressed, I don't think you were looking for help. This makes your entire thread come off as completely insincere, and just another attempt to engage in AMD-bashing. You had no interest at all in an AMD card when you brought it up.
I am sorry for your false concerns, but that was not the case. I asking to help to build my setup. There going be ups and down for Geforce and the competitor brand.

I think just a sensitivity issue.

Last edited:

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
You don't close topics, site management does
Well concidering he already bought a 3700x, he cant hate AMD too much.
Confusing he has 2 threads closed for bashing AMD, and then he buyes AMD, and then bashes them again...
Its not even bashing one bit intended as simply misdirected. You already know there going be ups and down for Intel and competitors Nvidia Graphics.

/Topic closed

Status
Not open for further replies.