[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700X Idle at 60c?

Nov 16, 2021
I recently purchased a pre-built CyberpowerPC from Bestbuy and have been having problems with my CPU temp sitting at 60c on idle, then going up to 65+ using google chrome etc.. to have it crash with no BSOD or any other indication why.
I am using Argus Monitor to keep an eye on my temps.

Also I am fairly new to knowing the "parts" of a PC, but can easily navigate my way around Windows.

Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI GeForce RTX 2060
16GB Ram
Windows 11

It came with 4 fans, 2 intake, 1 exhaust, 1 cpu.
I added three more, 2 intake, 1 more exhaust.

Out of the box, before adding the extra fans and after, It still sits at around 60c on idle.

The BIOS menu is by GIGABYTE? So im assuming that is the motherboards name as well.

I can provide more information, I just need to know where to start looking

Thanks in advance !

PS. as I write this, im at 63C with one tap open on Chrome.
PHOTO LINK BELOW

Solution
I recently purchased a pre-built CyberpowerPC from Bestbuy and have been having problems with my CPU temp sitting at 60c on idle, then going up to 65+ using google chrome etc.. to have it crash with no BSOD or any other indication why.

Also I am fairly new to knowing the "parts" of a PC, but can easily navigate my way around Windows.

Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI GeForce RTX 2060
16GB Ram
Windows 11

Out of the box, before adding the extra fans and after, It still sits at around 60c on idle.

The BIOS menu is by GIGABYTE? So im assuming that is the motherboards name as well.

I can provide more...

Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI GeForce RTX 2060
16GB Ram
Windows 11

I can provide more information, I just need to know where to start looking

Thanks in advance !

PS. as I write this, im at 63C with one tap open on Chrome.
PHOTO LINK BELOW

Not very best CPU cooler but temps should be at least 10-15c lower.
Possible that cooler was not installed properly or not set properly. There should be a swithch on the cooler for Low and High speed. Also possible that CPU cooler fan curve not set in BIOS.
Another possibility is that CPU voltage is set too high.

Solution
Nov 16, 2021
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the response ! I actually returned the PC today to BESTBUY. After I made this post I did some digging and found out the motherboard (GIGABYTE b450m ds3h wifi v2) is garbage, It also would not update the BIOS to the current one. Oddly enough, after I took out my fans that I added before packing it back up, I ran the pc again and the temps dropped. I guess its safe to say it might have just been a lemon.

Back to trying to find a good PC shop in Canada !

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the response ! I actually returned the PC today to BESTBUY. After I made this post I did some digging and found out the motherboard (GIGABYTE b450m ds3h wifi v2) is garbage, It also would not update the BIOS to the current one. Oddly enough, after I took out my fans that I added before packing it back up, I ran the pc again and the temps dropped. I guess its safe to say it might have just been a lemon.

Back to trying to find a good PC shop in Canada !
Best to order parts and build it yourself or find somebody reputable to do it. I'm an ex-pat from Toronto living in Europe for last 20 years so I don't know what is situation now but in my time there were many small computer shops run and staffed by owners which were more knowledgeable than practically unskilled workers putting PCs together at large companies/outlets.