[SOLVED] ryzen 7 3700x missing pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
a friend is giving me one for a really good deal cus hes moving but he said theres 1 pin missing. he did cpu tests and cinebench test runs and showed me the score and it matches what others got on their 3700x. Should i be worried aabout the missing pin?

picture

Solution
Yeah it's a good idea, though too that pin could be connected to one of the PCI-E devices, Audio, or USBs or even a chipset PCI-E lane. So say if say one of your PCI-E or USB ports seems "dead" it probably is due to the pin issue.

But if it is just one PCI-E x4 or USB port, I'm sure you'll be fine LOL.

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
There is a chance that pin is just a dummy pin. It's one of the very few pins that doesn't get used.

I would be careful still, do full stability testing to make sure it is stable. (however also be warned, instability right now can be caused by your BIOS aswell.)

yeah. he did do cinebench runs and like. a cpu test thing and it all passed so i figured i should go for it. specially for the price hes giving it for.

Yeah it's a good idea, though too that pin could be connected to one of the PCI-E devices, Audio, or USBs or even a chipset PCI-E lane. So say if say one of your PCI-E or USB ports seems "dead" it probably is due to the pin issue.

But if it is just one PCI-E x4 or USB port, I'm sure you'll be fine LOL.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.