Hello everyone,

I have built my pc recently, the parts are:
CPU: Ryzen 7/3700x
MOBO: Gigabyte x570 aorus elite
PSU: Corsair RMx 750w
GPU: Gigabyte rtx 2070 super
RAM: G.SKILL 16 (2x8) 3600mhz cl16
AIO cooler: Corsair hydroseries h115i pro

And i'm having problems with pc rebooting itself just after BIOS POST. I analyzed temps, around 36 in bios. I've done so many things as:
  1. Tweaking bios settings according to problem with xmp and problems with Gigabyte mobos after reading tons of posts on Reddit.
  2. Updating bios, reseting CMOS, loading defaults bios settings
  3. Reseating every part in pc (basically building it again)
  4. RAM is in 2nd and 4th slot as recommended
  5. Booting pc without a GPU (problem remained)
  6. Booting with 1 slot RAM and borrowing other compatibile with mobo to boot (problem remained)
  7. Downgrading bios (problem remained)
  8. Booting Ubuntu from USB (still reboot)
  9. Disabling CPU boost allowed me to boot into windows fully but every action after that made the pc reboot again.
10. Changing the CPU multiplier to x34 worked good until i ran OCCT test (reboot)
11. I can do freely what i want in bios without a single reboot, everything happens just after BIOS POST.

At this point i think it's problem with CPU but i'm not sure. The ideal solution in my case was loading optimized defaults in bios and tweaking CPU Vcore to 1.1V. I thought i solved the problem but during 2 weeks i had 3-4 random reboots (watching youtube, just after powering on pc and one time while playing league of legends). Worth to mention I finished horizon zero dawn and cyberpunk 2077 without a single reboot.
Am i right it's completely CPU issue ? Or maybe the mobo or psu ? If i set Vcore to auto i get boot loop after BIOS will finish loading. The second questions is my CPU running under it's normal capability after i set Vcore to 1.1 (auto boost and every related settings are on "auto" so it works on 4.4ghz if loaded).

Thanks in advance.

Bl4ckwatch Replace the battery on the motherboard.

Duracell - 2032 3V Lithium Coin Battery - with Bitter Coating - 1 Count
$2.05
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GN8ZYZR

** reference below message thread for how I came to the above conclusion **

Reactions: Bl4ckwatch
Mar 20, 2021
Bl4ckwatch Replace the battery on the motherboard.

Duracell - 2032 3V Lithium Coin Battery - with Bitter Coating - 1 Count
$2.05
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GN8ZYZR

** reference below message thread for how I came to the above conclusion **
I'll try that cause its cheap, but could the battery be a dud in new mobo...

Reactions: rcald2000
I'll try that cause its cheap, but could the battery be a dud in new mobo...
Yes it's possible, and your symptoms fit. Anyway, it'll cost you $2 to try, so I recommend that you immediately order the battery, and read my old message thread that I linked; read the background of my friend's problem. Then you can see if you notice similarities between his PC problems and yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bl4ckwatch
Replacing BIOS battery didn't resolved the issue, still looking for possible solutions
Has the system ever worked?

If so, have you overclocked it? what settings did you use?

FWIW: I wouldn't expect replacing the battery to help; in fact it should boot and run even with no battery. The battery is only used to retain CMOS settings and clock time so if missing it just reverts to all defaults after some period of time. With the clock time messed up you might have problems booting windows though...not sure about that.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021
Has the system ever worked?

If so, have you overclocked it? what settings did you use?

FWIW: I wouldn't expect replacing the battery to help; in fact it should boot and run even with no battery. The battery is only used to retain CMOS settings and clock time so if missing it just reverts to all defaults after some period of time. With the clock time messed up you might have problems booting windows though...not sure about that.
System worked good for 1 week, I did reset CMOS and loaded optimized settings in BIOS, never overclocked it, everything runs on "auto". Everything is stable now on vcore voltage 1.1 but what can cause the reboot problem if i let it go more than 1.1v

If i reset CMOS and all settings go default I have a reboot just after bios logo screen, it repeats until i set vcore manually to 1.1v
That's very perplexing...when both cpu clock and voltage are left in auto it will dynamically select a voltage and clock speed to use and the voltage can seem pretty high, like up to 1.5V even. So if it needs you to set a fixed voltage of 1.1V. I don't know what can make that happen other than setting a fixed clock speed and even then it should still boot up at a higher voltage, like say 1.2V.

When it reboots does it light any LED error lights? there are usually three...one for CPU, GPU and RAM...the one that lights is where it fails in POST.

Do you have a speaker to attach to the speaker terminals? that should beep out trouble codes to help diagnose.

For now I'd use one DIMM only to get it to run again. Insert it in the 2nd DIMM slot from the CPU, unless there are only 2 slots then use the first. Be sure it's fully inserted.

Mar 20, 2021
That's very perplexing...when both cpu clock and voltage are left in auto it will dynamically select a voltage and clock speed to use and the voltage can seem pretty high, like up to 1.5V even. So if it needs you to set a fixed voltage of 1.1V. I don't know what can make that happen other than setting a fixed clock speed and even then it should still boot up at a higher voltage, like say 1.2V.

When it reboots does it light any LED error lights? there are usually three...one for CPU, GPU and RAM...the one that lights is where it fails in POST.

Do you have a speaker to attach to the speaker terminals? that should beep out trouble codes to help diagnose.

For now I'd use one DIMM only to get it to run again. Insert it in the 2nd DIMM slot from the CPU, unless there are only 2 slots then use the first. Be sure it's fully inserted.

Everything should work good on default but not in my case. I did reset CMOS few times, loaded optimized settings. Tried with 1 DIMM the one i own and even got one from my friend to diagnoze and this doesnt solve the problem, speaker beeps only once so it doesnt detect anything. System still works fine on 1.1 Vcore but everything above it causes it to reboot.

Power stress in OCCT doesnt reboot system, so i think GPU and PSU are working properly. Does it narrow the problem to CPU itself ?
Do you get any kind of message screen from Windows when the reboot happens? like a BSOD? Have you ever looked in your event log afterwords to see what got logged?

You can also try increasing DRAM voltage; set it manually. I'd start off at 1.4V, it's high but still safe for DDR4 as it's rated to handle up to 1.5V by JEDEC standard. You don't want to run it that high (definitely not 1.5V) 24/7, but if it runs stable you can start reducing it. Possibly to around 1.35V.

Mar 20, 2021
Do you get any kind of message screen from Windows when the reboot happens? like a BSOD? Have you ever looked in your event log afterwords to see what got logged?

You can also try increasing DRAM voltage; set it manually. I'd start off at 1.4V, it's high but still safe for DDR4 as it's rated to handle up to 1.5V by JEDEC standard. You don't want to run it that high (definitely not 1.5V) 24/7, but if it runs stable you can start reducing it. Possibly to around 1.35V.

Nothing at all when reboot happens, no BSOD, 0 errors. Event log says power Kernel error 41 and that's all.

Im running on XMP now and DRAM voltage is manually set to 1.35V, i did tried booting without xmp and system is still rebooting.

TRENDING THREADS