[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x still good?

KarlKarrlander

Honorable
May 7, 2015
Hi,

I'm going to be mostly editing 4k and 1080p footage in Premiere Pro. I won't have any huge timelines or insane amount of transitions, mostly talking head scenes/some vlogs/some basic b roll with a few slow motion.
With that said, is Ryzen 7 3700x still a good option for the low cost?

I know that 5800x has just come out but it's at least $150 more expensive where I live and I'm trying to stay within a budget here.

What are your thoughts? Will it a good CPU for a couple of years?

Thanks!

Solution
Staying within budget is an important aspect. I'm looking at a similar situation, choosing between 3600 and 5600x... and the 150$(and higher taxation) doesn't exactly scream "GET IT". I figure, I'm gonna roll with the 3600 and spend a little bit more into the GPU.

These CPUs are quite capable and even though "last gen", they have many years of service left in them before they will be retired! Go for it.

KarlKarrlander

Honorable
May 7, 2015
heck yah it is still a good choice. i have one and have no plans to move to the 5000 series. there is some nice ipc gains to be had but not enough to make the 3700x all of a sudden a bad choice.

Thank you for the reassuring answer.

I have checked the benchmarks and it should do the job and help carry some of the heavier games along with a decent gpu (I have the gtx 970 4 gb). I was just a little unsure when seeing other threads similar to this one! :)

Staying within budget is an important aspect. I'm looking at a similar situation, choosing between 3600 and 5600x... and the 150$(and higher taxation) doesn't exactly scream "GET IT". I figure, I'm gonna roll with the 3600 and spend a little bit more into the GPU.

These CPUs are quite capable and even though "last gen", they have many years of service left in them before they will be retired! Go for it.

Solution

KarlKarrlander

Honorable
May 7, 2015

Exactly, I always find myself wanting the best of the best, but in reality I only really need the system I've already budgeted for :)

I'm happy so long as I can get 2 years of good experiences with this processor!