[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x Temp/measuring software issue

Nate_30

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
I just recently did a case swap, and now have multiple more fans connected to a Corsair Commander Pro. However, ever since I started using iCUE, i've had nothing but concern with my CPU temp. iCUE will show me temp spikes that bring my CPU up to 50c from 35 or 40 just by opening another chrome tab or even just HAVING them open, while Ryzen Master tells me I'm at a smooth 36-40 degree range at the exact same time. And the major issue is, all of my fans are controlled by how iCUE reads my CPU, causing my PC to consistently sound like a revving race car. Can I get anyone's help with this? Please and thank you

Solution
my 3700x stays about the same temps as yours with a similar cooler, be quiet pure rock 2. in game i see about 60-65 degrees and under 55 for most other tasks.

i'd say your in good shape if that's what you are getting as well. ryzen master seems like the best for reporting temps but i see similar numbers in msi afterburner as well. i'd not worry at all with those temps.
I just recently did a case swap, and now have multiple more fans connected to a Corsair Commander Pro. However, ever since I started using iCUE, i've had nothing but concern with my CPU temp. iCUE will show me temp spikes that bring my CPU up to 50c from 35 or 40 just by opening another chrome tab or even just HAVING them open, while Ryzen Master tells me I'm at a smooth 36-40 degree range at the exact same time. And the major issue is, all of my fans are controlled by how iCUE reads my CPU, causing my PC to consistently sound like a revving race car. Can I get anyone's help with this? Please and thank you
It's just a question of pooling interval, ICUE has shorter while RM shows an average temp. As for fan(s) revving up and down, try to change fan speed curve to something smoother.

Reactions: dchen2105

Nate_30

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
It's just a question of pooling interval, ICUE has shorter while RM shows an average temp. As for fan(s) revving up and down, try to change fan speed curve to something smoother.
Here's my current fan curve. My only remaining issue is that I'm not sure if 38-40c is an acceptable temp for a r7 3700x. I have a hyper 212 black edition cooler so I didn't expect an ice cold cpu, but I'd still like to maintain a decent idle/light load temp while keeping it at a respectable decibel level. Any further advice? fan curve here

Here's my current fan curve. My only remaining issue is that I'm not sure if 38-40c is an acceptable temp for a r7 3700x. I have a hyper 212 black edition cooler so I didn't expect an ice cold cpu, but I'd still like to maintain a decent idle/light load temp while keeping it at a respectable decibel level. Any further advice? fan curve here
Temps at idle (1-2% CPU) also depend much on ambient temps, with very good cooler 5-10c above, and lesser coolers (like that one) 10-15c above ambient (in the case when closed) is about normal.
As Ryzen gets best boost and performance at up to 62-65c, ideally cooler fan speed should peak at that temp. As with all CPUs, you have to juggle between performance and noise, only way to have low noise is to overdo cooling.

Nate_30

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
Temps at idle (1-2% CPU) also depend much on ambient temps, with very good cooler 5-10c above, and lesser coolers (like that one) 10-15c above ambient (in the case when closed) is about normal.
As Ryzen gets best boost and performance at up to 62-65c, ideally cooler fan speed should peak at that temp. As with all CPUs, you have to juggle between performance and noise, only way to have low noise is to overdo cooling.
Currently, ambient temp where I'm at currently is about 16c, and it's temp is around 33-35c at idle, so it's definitely hotter than it should be. Not by a lot, but enough to be noticeable. Once my new tube of thermal paste comes in, I'm going to try to reapply the cooler on just incase it came loose/misplaced during the case swap. If this doesn't work, then I'm going to try to replace this cooler with an NH-D15 at some point. I'm trying to get this thing 3080 ready.

There's nothing at all wrong with a 33-35c idle temp...especially since the cpu is never really idle anyway with Windows and apps running back ground tasks constantly. The question is whats your load temp ? As long as that's below 75c using Ryzen Master you're fine on an 8c/16t chip.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
my 3700x stays about the same temps as yours with a similar cooler, be quiet pure rock 2. in game i see about 60-65 degrees and under 55 for most other tasks.

i'd say your in good shape if that's what you are getting as well. ryzen master seems like the best for reporting temps but i see similar numbers in msi afterburner as well. i'd not worry at all with those temps.

Solution