[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x temperature

TheTealTiger

Prominent
May 18, 2020
Hello,
a few weeks ago I put a noctua NH-D15S on my ryzen 7 3700x, but my temps are still hight (I think). My idle temp is 28-31 degree (peak volt 0.7-0.9 and average of 0,3-0.4). This seems fine but when I do a cinebench all core test the temps go to 65-69 C. Is this normal for ryzen (fan 100%)? I have 3 intakes and 1 exhaust in a corsair 220t. I find it a little bit weird, because my 2070 super OC doesnt get higher as 65C at 100% load and 60% fan load.

Solution
Is this normal for ryzen (fan 100%)?
Yes. Cinebench multi-thread is very heavy in AVX instructions and causes modern CPU's to get very hot. Your temps are good. Great actually as running upwards of 80C isn't unheard of in CB20, with lesser cooling.

Actually, you might try lowering the max fan speed. I suspect it could be running at 75% in the same conditions with little to no change in temperature. If so, that suggests CPU cooling isn't the limiter.
Is this normal for ryzen (fan 100%)?
Yes. Cinebench multi-thread is very heavy in AVX instructions and causes modern CPU's to get very hot. Your temps are good. Great actually as running upwards of 80C isn't unheard of in CB20, with lesser cooling.

Actually, you might try lowering the max fan speed. I suspect it could be running at 75% in the same conditions with little to no change in temperature. If so, that suggests CPU cooling isn't the limiter.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTealTiger
Solution

TheTealTiger

Prominent
May 18, 2020

Oke, thanx for the answer. Gonna try lowering the fan speed.