[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x temps

Feb 21, 2020
So I have a ryzen 3700x with a corsair H100i AIO
Core voltage 1.3
My idle temps are like around 45C and in the bios it shows like 47C when I start. I’m curious if this is normal or if there is something off

Additionally notes i have PBO on.
Also are AIO suppose to keep idle temps lower or more for keeping load temps low and also noise low?

Solution
I set it to 1.300V. At first it was at like 1.45V but I read 1.3 was good
You really should leave voltage in AUTO. You're most likely hurting performance for gaming in particular as Ryzen needs the higher voltage to boost in the light bursty processing loads typical of gaming. In really heavy loads it will lower the voltage even lower than 1.3V to protect the processor from degradation and when completely idle it lowers it to below even 1V to keep degradation from ocurring.

There is a lot of bad advice floating around about Ryzen so you have to be careful. Leaving everything in AUTO is safest if you're worried about performance and reliability. It's designed to work that way, so it also guarantees you'll have warranty coverage.
I set it to 1.300V. At first it was at like 1.45V but I read 1.3 was good
You really should leave voltage in AUTO. You're most likely hurting performance for gaming in particular as Ryzen needs the higher voltage to boost in the light bursty processing loads typical of gaming. In really heavy loads it will lower the voltage even lower than 1.3V to protect the processor from degradation and when completely idle it lowers it to below even 1V to keep degradation from ocurring.

There is a lot of bad advice floating around about Ryzen so you have to be careful. Leaving everything in AUTO is safest if you're worried about performance and reliability. It's designed to work that way, so it also guarantees you'll have warranty coverage.

Last edited:
Solution

Jayant Arora

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
I own a 3700X hooked with a custom loop. I have tried many things to control temps to my liking, some i succeed some i fail.
See ryzen does not have a power saving mode like intel and it never sits on a const voltage with stock settings, You can't really tame idle temps on this chip, even with pbo disabled you will see
up amd down of temps.
Just note if your cooler can handle stress temps under 75 ish on liquid cooling with stock cpu settings , it's just fine. Even if it touches 70's on idle for a second or two it doesn't really matter. Its not your cooler issue these cpus are made this way, the boost algorithms built in are wild in nature and has a bursty behaviour on idle for some reason.

Also my recommendation is using stock settings. PBO Auto or Disabled. Not worth enabling PBO.