[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x vs I7-9700K

Feb 11, 2020
Cant decide between them.
Ill mainly game but was thinking of hoping to streaming

Solution
I'm glad people can ask this question again. The 9700K is better for plain old gaming but if you want to stream the 3700x is better. My choice is the 3700x. There is still an upgrade path to 4th gen Ryzen if you wanna upgrade later on. Better upgrade options. Overall it's a better CPU. Why? higher ipc, more threads, better process 7nm vs 14nm. It can do more work overall. How's it worse? lower clock speed. That's Intel's last advantage. The gap between gaming performance between Ryzen and Intel has been getting smaller every year.
I'm glad people can ask this question again. The 9700K is better for plain old gaming but if you want to stream the 3700x is better. My choice is the 3700x. There is still an upgrade path to 4th gen Ryzen if you wanna upgrade later on. Better upgrade options. Overall it's a better CPU. Why? higher ipc, more threads, better process 7nm vs 14nm. It can do more work overall. How's it worse? lower clock speed. That's Intel's last advantage. The gap between gaming performance between Ryzen and Intel has been getting smaller every year.

Solution
You can check this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umaK8ter5WU

On some game it's a 10 fps difference and on some other title they are identical.

I'd take the 3700x.
You also need to factor in most people won’t be running an RTX2080 for 1080p. Using a lower gpu or higher resolution and the differences will be significantly less than those in the video. The video is typical but designed to maximise the difference from different CPU’s.

You also need to factor in most people won’t be running an RTX2080 for 1080p. Using a lower gpu or higher resolution and the differences will be significantly less than those in the video. The video is typical but designed to maximise the difference from different CPU’s.

You're right. I did not check what GPU was used in the video. Let's all agree that the 3700x even with a little bit less fps is still the better choice :D

Reactions: sizzling