Question Ryzen 7 3700X + X470 Crosshair VII - Freezing Up

Just wanted to start a thread to note that twice today my system has locked up while watching and trying to close videos with the default Windows Movies & TV player. I also had Adobe Premiere Pro open and I think I lost part of my project. I bought this CPU on Friday.

Default settings except for DOCP enabled.

Temps are fine, voltage is high just like with my 2700X - 1.48-1.50V.

Updated to latest BIOS before installing the CPU.

I'm going to contact Asus.

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
Have you tested your memory for stability? I've had 5 ryzen 3000 cpu's through here since launch. Memory compatibility from CPU to CPU is a bit hit or miss in my experience. Usually it's not a stability issue but a failure to post consistently. I have one 3600 that is super picky about memory and motherboard combinations. I suggest you run memtest86 and see if its throwing up errors.

No, I haven't' tested my memory, but I may do that just to rule that out.

My PC froze again within the hour after posting this thread. Same deal, I just opened a video with the default video player for Windows 10 and it froze as soon as it started playing. My whole system froze, well except for the mouse. The mouse will move but nothing else does.

Also, the first time it did this my motherboard was making a beeping, but not normal beeping, like a blipping sound. Like, blip-blip-blip-blip-blip... kinda fast until I hard reset it.

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
Are you on win 10 1903 and the latest chipset driver? It also might be worth trying the previous bios. 2406 is on agesa 1002. I'm running Version 7106 with agesa 1002 on my crosshair 6. It seems to work fine.

Last edited: