[SOLVED] ryzen 7 3700x

Jul 13, 2019
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I should buy a cooler for my ryzen 7 3700x or use the stock cooler in box.

Also can anyone give advice as to the pitfalls of moving my drives to a new m/b aorus pro x570 . I plan on cloning current hd's to SSD's.

Any software or hardware issues I need to worry about?

Thanks for any help.
Maz

Solution
I bought a 3700x on release and I'm currently using the stock cooler. It's very quiet and looks nice, but it does not cool very well. I have gotten my temps down after messing with my fan setup, but I was originally hitting temps of 80c during gaming. Now I am around 75c. I think those are pretty high temps for stock+PBO so I would recommend a beefier cooler. I just ordered a 240mm aio...cant wait :)
On your other point, with a change of motherboard a fresh install of Windows is highly recommended. Not doing so can have issues which range from not even booting or it boots and suffers stability or performance issues. Although sometimes it works it is just recommended to plan for and do a fresh install.

Jul 13, 2019
Even if you don't overclock i would still go with a beefier cooler.I got an AIO for my ryzen 5 2600 just cause i hated the stock cooler and my cpu tend to run hot on stock cooler.
On your other point, with a change of motherboard a fresh install of Windows is highly recommended. Not doing so can have issues which range from not even booting or it boots and suffers stability or performance issues. Although sometimes it works it is just recommended to plan for and do a fresh install.
What about all the data and programs on my current drives? I'm planning on clonning everything with some Intel M.m nvme 2x2 tb sticks. Do you see any problems with that?

Baumber

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2012
I bought a 3700x on release and I'm currently using the stock cooler. It's very quiet and looks nice, but it does not cool very well. I have gotten my temps down after messing with my fan setup, but I was originally hitting temps of 80c during gaming. Now I am around 75c. I think those are pretty high temps for stock+PBO so I would recommend a beefier cooler. I just ordered a 240mm aio...cant wait :)

Solution