Question Ryzen 7 3700x

Gaeflin

Reputable
Mar 15, 2016
Dear Forum colleagues,

got X470 MSI Gaming board + Ryzen 7 3700x, the issue are temps. Cooling is provided by silentium NAVIS 240AIO.

In Bios the PBO is set to auto.

Temps: 60C

PBO.png

Would you mind what to do?

Kind regards,
Karel

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Just to be clear, this is at idle? Screenshot (powers etc) would suggest so, but possible this was right after you ended a stress test.

Which case are you in?
Have you remounted the cooler to ensure it's not just improper mounting pressure?

jodo_kast2

Prominent
Mar 5, 2018
60 isnt too bad but unless u know what you are doing switch from OC mode into normal , run prime 95 too see if its stable and not overheating - thermal throttling or just shutting down , and, if it is (it ll go up easiely up to 80)... then review your cooling options. As Barty1884 said might be improper seating / pressure or, maybe, low quality thermal component between the copperplate and the CPUdie.

Reactions: Gaeflin

Gaeflin

Reputable
Mar 15, 2016
60 isnt too bad but unless u know what you are doing switch from OC mode into normal , run prime 95 too see if its stable and not overheating - thermal throttling or just shutting down , and, if it is (it ll go up easiely up to 80)... then review your cooling options. As Barty1884 said might be improper seating / pressure or, maybe, low quality thermal component between the copperplate and the CPUdie.

Silentium NAVIS 240 and thermal component is arctic.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Last edited:
Reactions: Gaeflin and RodroX

Gaeflin

Reputable
Mar 15, 2016
I would check task manager and find out what is running that is causing your CPU to Boost to 4.25 GHz.
Idle should look like this:
View: https://imgur.com/PKOrxne

Also what Power Plan are you using ?
I strongly suggest that you use the AMD Ryzen Balanced power Plan set like this:
View: https://imgur.com/VZmotrT

There was set max perfomance. Changed it to AMD ryzen balanced. Will try to reinstal chipset drivers.

Gaeflin

Reputable
Mar 15, 2016
OK, so bricked my bios yesterday, had to unsold my chip and to flash it today :-D. However the peaks are 4,3Ghz, CPU usage is around 2-4%, running around 3,7-4,3Ghz. Removed my AIO cooler, mounted the stock one, honestly the teps are lower by 4°C.