Question Ryzen 7 3800x high temps/voltage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithM1989

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016
Specs:

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (x64) Build 17763.615 (1809/RS5)

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

RAM: Corsair Vengence 32GB, 3200Mhz

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 Gaming OC

BIOS: 5204

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52

I am at my wits end with this... I've done everything I could think of, I've even replaced another cooler with the Kraken x52, which is what i'm using now. I am getting ridiculous temps idle, and high load. I also see my core voltage always spiking to 1.45 (doesn't go down) (is this normal??) When running Prime95 or Cinebench, I am immediately spiking to 95c, and my core voltage is dropping to 1.2-1.1v, and i'm seeing my peak speed drop as well.. (see the second pic)

Things I've attempted:

1. Updating the bios, and the chipset to the latest version available (as per this post: https://community.amd.com/community...te-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2 )

2. Set my power plan to Ryzen Balanced

3. Reset the bios by pulling the battery.

I'm also getting this strange thing, if I set my RAM timings by using the XMP profile, my computer doesn't want to boot. I have to set it to below 3200Mhz, and then restart, and go back into bios and set it up to 3200Mhz for it to boot at the right frequency.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_10.png

pastedImage_1.png

(I think the minimum processor state should be 10%?)

I just took a screen shot of what I have at the time.

Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated..