[SOLVED] ryzen 7 3800xt vs ryzen 7 3800x performance in World of Warcraft question?

Dec 19, 2020
So basically one month ago, I had new PC built with the following specs:
B450 GAMING X,
AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT,
Nvidia RTX 3070,
Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200 C16 2x4GB,
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB ,

Everything was working great, I rarely had my fps go below 60 in big fights and had my fps around 80-144 in cities, open world, dungeons and raids. Apparently, I started receiving BSOD on start up and while gaming. I got told that the AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT was causing those issues, so they swapped it with the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X(since they didn't have another AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT) instead and reinstalled my OS. BSOD stopped occurring, but i feel like my performance took a big hit. My fps in big fights goes around 30 and in cities and dungeons it sits around 70-90. Is the AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT that superior to the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X or something else might be wrong?

Solution
I was suggesting you turn it on then. If you haven't already. It will help.

Perhaps when they swapped CPU the action resets bios to defaults and they never turned it on again after

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is the AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT that superior to the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X or something else might be wrong?
no, the difference is tiny between the 2, XT was a very small bump to the X. Boost clock is 200mhz more on XT

Its likely the difference is something else. Given you reinstalled WIn 10 it could be any number of things. Did you update drivers after install? IS win 10 up to date?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020
no, the difference is tiny between the 2, XT was a very small bump to the X. Boost clock is 200mhz more on XT

Its likely the difference is something else. Given you reinstalled WIn 10 it could be any number of things. Did you update drivers after install? IS win 10 up to date?

Yes, windows and drivers are updated. I've disabled windows xbox game bar and all the crappy <Mod Edit> features of windows 10, I have the power plan set to AMD Ryzen High Performance aswell. Could it be that I've been screwed with another malfunctioning processor? Is there any software I can use while playing the game to see why I'm having these huge fps drops? I want to be sure that the problem is not with the game itself, so I can bitch about it after the holidays to the tech guys.

Last edited by a moderator: