[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 4800h temperature too high in some games

Jan 9, 2021
Hi,

I just got new laptop Lenovo legion 5. (Ryzen 7 4800h, RXT2060, 16GB). I have tried playing some games and there is a problem in only one game so far. However, I believe that this is not the end.

So these are the games I have tried yet:
Metro Exodus, Devil May Cry 5, Apex Legends, Injustice 2, Rainbow Six Siedge

In each of these games,the result in temperatures and the FPS's is as expected. In Metro obviously,the temperature is pretty high, but that's a demanding game!

I've heard that in some games the most important part is the CPU rather than the So I believe that Rainbow Six is one of them. However, don't understand why is the temperature SO high? I have tried decreasing graphics settings and nothing worked... The temperatures are around 90-95! Even in Metro,they were around 83-88.

Also,interesting fact is that FPS in Rainbow is 180! Maybe the CPU aim's to give me the highest possible FPS in this particular game? I tried downloading the AMD's utility to change the CPU frequency but it does not recognize my processor ((. Also,there is no such thing as limiting the FPS in rainbow, but obviously,I would have changed it to like 100 max.

Solution
Yep, when i play league of legends, my cpu reachs about 75 degrees(uncapped) but at 80 fps capped it sits at 60 degrees

You can also buy the top grade thermal paste and replace your cpu/gpu's thermals,

It will change Alot
Jan 9, 2021
cap the framerate to your monitor's supported hz,(144) Or, for more heat reducing, 100
Sorry, I didn't mention. I am playing on the external monitor that is full hd 60HZ. So max FPS is 60. Though, I believe that the processor is still doing much more then needed and works to product that 180FPS's which is basically extra work and hence extra heat produce.

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Yep, when i play league of legends, my cpu reachs about 75 degrees(uncapped) but at 80 fps capped it sits at 60 degrees

You can also buy the top grade thermal paste and replace your cpu/gpu's thermals,

It will change Alot

Solution