Question Ryzen 7 5000 series vs intel i7-1100h (both laptop cpus). Which one is smoother for gaming?

Aug 7, 2021
So I've always thought that the nvidia graphics cards are better than the AMD's but with a CPU does it matter for gaming?? I mean, I am worried about the smoothness of gaming and I'm really concerned that the AMD is not as nice/smooth of a gaming experience than an intel i7 1100h. So what do you all think about these two cpus for gaming purposes? I really want smooth gaming performance.

With laptops, gaming performance is dictated by much more than just the CPU as manufacturers also trade weight, cooling, power and battery life performance when positioning their products. Proper gaming laptops, for instance, are often bulky, heavy beasts more properly called luggables, as they need large batteries and cooling to do their job well. Either that or the 'powerful' CPU winds up constantly throttled due to heat and/or low-battery power saving conditions.

Why not ask this question in the laptop forum.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021
With laptops, gaming performance is dictated by much more than just the CPU as manufacturers also trade weight, cooling, power and battery life performance when positioning their products. Proper gaming laptops, for instance, are often bulky, heavy beasts more properly called luggables, as they need large batteries and cooling to do their job well.

Why not ask this question in the laptop forum.

After thinking about your suggestion, I looked at the laptop forum, I don't feel they would be skilled enough in CPUS.