[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 5500U vs. Ryzen 5 5600H

punkncat

Distinguished
Ambassador
The open tabs are going to be more a function of RAM than cores.

The one program along with a lot of tabs isn't anything a 4-6 core couldn't deal with.

The streaming aspect could have a lot to do with multi core, it could be functionally better with a (powerful) GPU. Might be worthwhile to look at minimum and recommended spec for this aspect and decide based on that. The aspects above could readily be done on a 4 core R3 with a lot of RAM.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Oct 10, 2021
Thank you for the input. I was told what I am doing would classify has heavy multitasking.

i was leaning towards the R5 5600H because the variants for it had better cooling. And when I’m not working, good single core performance.

Everything I see for heavy multitasking shows R7.

when I first started I was looking at R3 and i3. Then I went down a rabbit hole. And honestly if I would have found a couple of these the first day or two I would have pulled the trigger.

The one program along with a lot of tabs isn't anything a 4-6 core couldn't deal with.

The streaming aspect could have a lot to do with multi core, it could be functionally better with a (powerful) GPU. Might be worthwhile to look at minimum and recommended spec for this aspect and decide based on that. The aspects above could readily be done on a 4 core R3 with a lot of RAM.

Oct 10, 2021
Will 12GB the job done ? ?

Oct 10, 2021
Wow man thank you for that. I figured since some of these AMD systems come with 12GB that the 12 GB would be fine.
Would be best to stick with even amounts of matched RAM with a Ryzen system. Faster the better (within reason) and would go with at least 16GB, but 32 would be even better for lots of open process.

ASK THE COMMUNITY