[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 5500U vs. Ryzen 5 5600H

Solution
Would be best to stick with even amounts of matched RAM with a Ryzen system. Faster the better (within reason) and would go with at least 16GB, but 32 would be even better for lots of open process.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The open tabs are going to be more a function of RAM than cores.

The one program along with a lot of tabs isn't anything a 4-6 core couldn't deal with.

The streaming aspect could have a lot to do with multi core, it could be functionally better with a (powerful) GPU. Might be worthwhile to look at minimum and recommended spec for this aspect and decide based on that. The aspects above could readily be done on a 4 core R3 with a lot of RAM.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Oct 10, 2021
Thank you for the input. I was told what I am doing would classify has heavy multitasking.

i was leaning towards the R5 5600H because the variants for it had better cooling. And when I’m not working, good single core performance.

Everything I see for heavy multitasking shows R7.

when I first started I was looking at R3 and i3. Then I went down a rabbit hole. And honestly if I would have found a couple of these the first day or two I would have pulled the trigger.

The one program along with a lot of tabs isn't anything a 4-6 core couldn't deal with.

The streaming aspect could have a lot to do with multi core, it could be functionally better with a (powerful) GPU. Might be worthwhile to look at minimum and recommended spec for this aspect and decide based on that. The aspects above could readily be done on a 4 core R3 with a lot of RAM.

Oct 10, 2021
Will 12GB the job done ? ?

Oct 10, 2021
Wow man thank you for that. I figured since some of these AMD systems come with 12GB that the 12 GB would be fine.
Would be best to stick with even amounts of matched RAM with a Ryzen system. Faster the better (within reason) and would go with at least 16GB, but 32 would be even better for lots of open process.

TRENDING THREADS