[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 5700G

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Hi,

My PC has Ryzen 7 5700G APU and ASUS TUF B550 plus mobo. This set up supports 4k monitors with refresh rates only upto 60Hz? what is the maximum refresh rate it supports for 2K/QHD/WQHD monitors?

Pls provide, if possible, a link to statistics.

Thanks

Solution
Sadly this is going to be tough to answer. Neither ASUS or AMD provide really specific details.

HDMI 2.0 has been deprecated, everything is branded as HDMI 2.1, but that doesn't tell you anything about what bandwidth or features that are supported.

Display port is likely at least 1.2, which should also allow for 1440p 165hz and 4K 75hz. The old HDMI 2.0 standard was 4K 60hz, so that is also likely the case here. 1440p at 144hz and 4K at 60hz, full color. Sub-sampling allows for a little more, but it isn't something you want to do.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Sadly this is going to be tough to answer. Neither ASUS or AMD provide really specific details.

HDMI 2.0 has been deprecated, everything is branded as HDMI 2.1, but that doesn't tell you anything about what bandwidth or features that are supported.

Display port is likely at least 1.2, which should also allow for 1440p 165hz and 4K 75hz. The old HDMI 2.0 standard was 4K 60hz, so that is also likely the case here. 1440p at 144hz and 4K at 60hz, full color. Sub-sampling allows for a little more, but it isn't something you want to do.

Reactions: vns2k177
Solution

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
So, if my AMD/ASUS doesn't not support the higher refresh rate of a monitor, there won't be any use buying a monitor with higher refresh rate? Or, still, a monitor with higher refresh rate will be less stressful for longer reading times?

Btw, thanks for all the details.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
So, if my AMD/ASUS doesn't not support the higher refresh rate of a monitor, there won't be any use buying a monitor with higher refresh rate? Or, still, a monitor with higher refresh rate will be less stressful for longer reading times?

Btw, thanks for all the details.

Well, monitors with higher refresh rates will typically have faster response times. Running it under its maximum rating should improve things like ghosting.

As for reading, I don't really know if a higher refresh improves anything there. I don't really experience less eye fatigue on my high refresh display.

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Thanks again for the info. After going through the mobo manual, I found at it supports HDMI 2.1 and 4K@60Hz. HDMI 2.1 will support 2K at 144Hz?

As for the eye fatigue, I am experiencing rather severe strain. I can't simply focus on the monitor from evening onwards.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks again for the info. After going through the mobo manual, I found at it supports HDMI 2.1 and 4K@60Hz. HDMI 2.1 will support 2K at 144Hz?

As for the eye fatigue, I am experiencing rather severe strain. I can't simply focus on the monitor from evening onwards.

All the information I could find is listed above. If it really is the HDMI 2.0 standard, then 1440p at 144hz is the max. Doesn't make much sense to me that the old Vega graphics would have HDMI 2.1 support. Quite the silly change the HDMI organization made, it will be confusing, well, pretty much forever now. So many devices will be branded as 2.1 that are really 2.0a or 2.0b, and then you have actual 2.1 support, and the newly created 2.1a. All of which will be branded as 2.1 on marketing materials, and the actual stats that define the old standard labels will be nowhere to be seen.

I'm pretty sure they got together and realized that people stopped buying 2.0 devices because 2.1 was available and the manufacturers pressured to have it changed so they could continue to sell the older stuff.

vns2k177

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
All the information I could find is listed above. If it really is the HDMI 2.0 standard, then 1440p at 144hz is the max. Doesn't make much sense to me that the old Vega graphics would have HDMI 2.1 support. Quite the silly change the HDMI organization made, it will be confusing, well, pretty much forever now. So many devices will be branded as 2.1 that are really 2.0a or 2.0b, and then you have actual 2.1 support, and the newly created 2.1a. All of which will be branded as 2.1 on marketing materials, and the actual stats that define the old standard labels will be nowhere to be seen.

I'm pretty sure they got together and realized that people stopped buying 2.0 devices because 2.1 was available and the manufacturers pressured to have it changed so they could continue to sell the older stuff.
Thanks you very much.