Question Ryzen 7 5800x black screen ?

Nov 16, 2020
Hello all! I own a ryzen 7 5800x with my motherboard being the Asus Tuf X-570 plus. I have updated my bios so it supports the zen 3 5000 series. However upon installing I am getting choppy lag in the bios, or random shutting off, if it gets to windows it’s slow and ends up booting down, sometimes just black screen when I turn on the pc. Any idea what this could be? I’m assuming I could try resetting the cmos? Only problem is if I do that then it’ll revert back to the bios that isn’t updated for Zen 3 I believe

Hello all! I own a ryzen 7 5800x with my motherboard being the Asus Tuf X-570 plus. I have updated my bios so it supports the zen 3 5000 series. However upon installing I am getting choppy lag in the bios, or random shutting off, if it gets to windows it’s slow and ends up booting down, sometimes just black screen when I turn on the pc. Any idea what this could be? I’m assuming I could try resetting the cmos? Only problem is if I do that then it’ll revert back to the bios that isn’t updated for Zen 3 I believe

Resetting cmos doesn't reset the bios update, once that's flashed it's flashed for good (or until you manually reflash it)

Definitely a good idea to reset the bios though.

Is it a fresh Win 10 installation, or have you transferred a disk from an older PC ? A completely new mobo and CPU would need a new Win 10 installation

Nov 16, 2020
I built the PC and had a ryzen 7 2700x in it. Swapped it out for the new generation of processors. Someone was talking me also try just one ram stick when booting?

I built the PC and had a ryzen 7 2700x in it. Swapped it out for the new generation of processors. Someone was talking me also try just one ram stick when booting?
I would clearly first do a clear CMOS, especially as I understand that you did not perform this critical maneuver AFTER changing your CPU.
If that does not correct your problems, re-install WIN 10 (after a back-up of your important files)

Nov 16, 2020
Ok I will give all these a shot when I get home from work today! Thank you guys for the input. And no I didn’t reinstall windows or anything just swapped out the processor

HomeMadeScience

Prominent
Sep 3, 2019
Ok I will give all these a shot when I get home from work today! Thank you guys for the input. And no I didn’t reinstall windows or anything just swapped out the processor
today I installed a ryzen 7 5800x had bios ready when I booted I also got a black screen fans turning on and off it rebooted twice then it reset cmos it self and everything is fine for me. Did you make sure that the bios had the correct version I know you updated but did you restart the pc and check system information to see the bios version ?