Nov 23, 2022
Hello, i recently upgraded to an Ryzen 7 5800x from a Ryzen 5 5600g.. im using an Cooler Master ML120L Aio Cooler, my temps skyrocket to 90c (max) while in cinebench.. i use Noctua NT-H2 as thermal paste..

in idle i get about 40c
Opening any app can spike it up to 60c even 72c
While gaming 55-77c with an average of 75 in battlefield 2042, 63c in Bus Simulator 21, 70c in GTA V, with an avg cpu usage of 2% (I HAVE no clue why this low) in idle i always have max frequency (thats what NZXT cam is telling me)

im running my pump in performance mode..
And my AIO fan is always top speed.
(AIO fan is not stock, is also an Noctua PW12 fan)

what new cooler would you recommend for better temps?

also will a new cooler improve my temps?
Becouse I’ve seen a lot of people saying its runnin hella hot..

Lutfij

Titan
You should look into a 240mm AIO or a beefy air cooler. 120mm AIO's are more for SFF, low powered builds or for platforms that aren't taxed much. For the sake of relevance, what is the make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version? Hang on a little minute, what is the make and model of your case and the number+orientation of the fans in your case?

Nov 23, 2022
You should look into a 240mm AIO or a beefy air cooler. 120mm AIO's are more for SFF, low powered builds or for platforms that aren't taxed much. For the sake of relevance, what is the make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version? Hang on a little minute, what is the make and model of your case and the number+orientation of the fans in your case?

My Motherboard is an Asrock B550m Pro 4 with the latest BIOS version.

i have 4 fans.. 1 front 140mm, 1 back 120mm, 2 left 120mm.. they came with the case.. im not sure about orientation.. left em stock.. my case is an Aqirys Betelgeuse, Mid Tower.

here are some pics maybe you can figure out their orientation View: https://imgur.com/a/hux6MXX

Hello, i recently upgraded to an Ryzen 7 5800x from a Ryzen 5 5600g.. im using an Cooler Master ML120L Aio Cooler, my temps skyrocket to 90c (max) while in cinebench.. i use Noctua NT-H2 as thermal paste..

in idle i get about 40c
While gaming 55-77c with an average of 75 in battlefield 2042, 63c in Bus Simulator 21, 70c in GTA V, with an avg cpu usage of 2% (I HAVE no clue why this low) in idle i always have max frequency (thats what NZXT cam is telling me)

Those are actually great temps for a 120 cooler even when it runs full speed so I suspect BIOS is not set up for full performance. What you need to do is run some heavy benchmark program and post results including frequencies, temps and voltages while it runs, Suggest HWinfo and /or Ryzen master.
5800c is somewhat hot CPU but has 90c limit before throttling.That MB has an option to control voltages dynamically (Core Optimizer) to keep voltages and temps in check wit a little to none performance loss or even gain if temps were too high.
It atkes me a good 360mm AIO and tight voltage control to keep maximum temps at low 80s c but I get good performance (CineBench r23, 16000+ all core 4.85GHZ and single core score 1660 at 5GHz.) Those are of course just benchmarks but at gaming leves they are also much better than at stock BIOS settings.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022
Those are actually great temps for a 120 cooler even when it runs full speed so I suspect BIOS is not set up for full performance. What you need to do is run some heavy benchmark program and post results including frequencies, temps and voltages while it runs, Suggest HWinfo and /or Ryzen master.
5800c is somewhat hot CPU but has 90c limit before throttling.That MB has an option to control voltages dynamically (Core Optimizer) to keep voltages and temps in check wit a little to none performance loss or even gain if temps were too high.
It atkes me a good 360mm AIO and tight voltage control to keep maximum temps at low 80s c but I get good performance (CineBench r23, 16000+ all core 4.85GHZ and single core score 1660 at 5GHz.) Those are of course just benchmarks but at gaming leves they are also much better than at stock BIOS settings.

you mean curve optimizer?

in idle i get about 40c

The CM fans are garbage. But that alone isn't the issue. I had the same loop in 240mm. For 65W parts it's fine. My 240mm would spike to 80C after 10 minutes on Prime 95. While it would make it acceptable for 90% of gaming, it's a real productivity killer on photo editing, compiling, and other CPU heavy task.

I recommend you switch to Kryonaut with an Artic Cooling 240 or 280 loop if you have the space.

If you do not have the space, the Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE $41 will do a much better job (even though it's just an air tower)

Reactions: Zamfik267
Nov 23, 2022
Yes Curve optimizer per core. There are usually couple of best cores and one or couple of cores that can't be as optimized as others

aio finally came.. used the same thermal paste..
(ordered a diff aio

are the results good?

auto overclock and Curve Optimizer on (-29 CO All Core Value) running at 1.25V
Pump Preset - Performance
Radiator Fans Preset - Performance

Idle 28-32•C
When opening an app or other light tasks the CPU goes to 40-50•C for a very short time.. then goes back to 30’s instantly.

Cinebench (With CO Per Core ON)
Avg temp 75•C
Max temp 76•C
Score 15907,

WITHOUT Curve Optimizer, and with Auto OC ON i get a stable 82•C in Cinebench

3DMark
CPU Profile / 50 - 67•C
1.25V Voltage CPU, Max Thead Score 8072
Time Spy Demo - 40-58•C (50% ish usage)

while gaming i tested
Far Cry 6 - 50-55•C
Roblox - 36•C

View: https://imgur.com/a/PsTCu1h

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022
The CM fans are garbage. But that alone isn't the issue. I had the same loop in 240mm. For 65W parts it's fine. My 240mm would spike to 80C after 10 minutes on Prime 95. While it would make it acceptable for 90% of gaming, it's a real productivity killer on photo editing, compiling, and other CPU heavy task.

I recommend you switch to Kryonaut with an Artic Cooling 240 or 280 loop if you have the space.

If you do not have the space, the Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE $41 will do a much better job (even though it's just an air tower)

what do you mean by “CM fans”?
Where are those CM fans?

aio finally came.. used the same thermal paste..
(ordered a diff aio

are the results good?

auto overclock and Curve Optimizer on (-29 CO All Core Value) running at 1.25V
Pump Preset - Performance
Radiator Fans Preset - Performance

Idle 28-32•C
When opening an app or other light tasks the CPU goes to 40-50•C for a very short time.. then goes back to 30’s instantly.

Cinebench (With CO Per Core ON)
Avg temp 75•C
Max temp 76•C
Score 15907,

WITHOUT Curve Optimizer, and with Auto OC ON i get a stable 82•C in Cinebench

3DMark
CPU Profile / 50 - 67•C
1.25V Voltage CPU, Max Thead Score 8072
Time Spy Demo - 40-58•C (50% ish usage)

while gaming i tested
Far Cry 6 - 50-55•C
Roblox - 36•C