Question Ryzen 7 5800x is at 60c in BIOS ?

Dec 6, 2022
Hello,
It’s late at night and my first post so sorry if this gets long winded. I decided to upgrade from a 2600 to a 5800x. I kept my Asus x470 prime-pro, Corsair Vengeance 2x8 (3200), and evga 650w. I bought a meshify 2 compact and a Deepcool LS520 to just freshen up my setup. After throwing it all together in the bios I was sitting at 60C. I’m figuring that isn’t the temp you want to see in bios at all. I put it in eco mode and it went down to a whopping 59C. I didn’t apply more thermal paste since I figured the pre-applied paste from the LS520 would be suffice. When I checked if it was seated and making contact it seemed like it was fine (I could be wrong as I am tired). Is the cooling not enough or is there something I’m not thinking of/wrong about?
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I kept my Asus x470 prime-pro
Did you update the BIOS prior to dropping the latter generation processor into the CPU's socket on the board?

I bought a meshify 2 compact and a Deepcool LS520 to just freshen up my setup.
Orientation of the AIO with respect to the cases layout?

Orientation of the fans in your build?

Dec 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I kept my Asus x470 prime-pro
Did you update the BIOS prior to dropping the latter generation processor into the CPU's socket on the board?

I bought a meshify 2 compact and a Deepcool LS520 to just freshen up my setup.
Orientation of the AIO with respect to the cases layout?

Orientation of the fans in your build?
I updated bios to the latest available before I deconstructed my previous pc. I have the radiator on top and the tubes coming out towards the back of the case. There is one case fan on the back and 3 at the front (sorry if this isn’t what you meant by orientation). I haven’t messed with anything regarding fans in the bios except switching them to dc which I was recommended to do by a friend.

Dec 6, 2022
This morning I went to bios temp had went down to 55C which I think is still a bit warm. However, the temps are dropped quite a bit while just sitting in windows 30-35 with the occasional spike to 58-60 which I fixed by switching to power saver mode. I’m running cinebench right now and it’s at 100% utilization and sits at ≈ 54-56.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech