[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 5800X or i7-10700K

Mar 17, 2021
I'm trying to decide between these two, the intel is cheaper by 125$ So I wanted to know if it's worth it to pay extra and move to Ryzen or stay with Intel. I like how Ryzen mobos support more than two gens like intel. But the price is a bit high and I heard that this Ryzen chip runs very hot.

I'll be using this pc for games and streaming also a lot of multitasking

I like how Ryzen mobos support more than two gens like intel.
Be aware that AM4 stops with 5000 series CPU's, or Zen 3. Zen 4 will come out on some as yet to be revealed socket...maybe an AM5, maybe something all new (LGA?). It's expected to run with DDR5 that pretty well dictates a socket change.

With all the drama and heartburn surrounding each generation's release on AM4 I wonder whether AMD will continue the practice of supporting multiple generation CPU's in the same socket/chipset.

Zen3 runs 'hot' compared to earlier generation Ryzen but it's still a marvel of efficiency for the processing power it delivers.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021
Be aware that AM4 stops with 5000 series CPU's, or Zen 3. Zen 4 will come out on some as yet to be revealed socket...maybe an AM5, maybe something all new (LGA?). It's expected to run with DDR5 that pretty well dictates a socket change.

With all the drama and heartburn surrounding each generation's release on AM4 I wonder whether AMD will continue the practice of supporting multiple generation CPU's in the same socket/chipset.

Zen3 runs 'hot' compared to earlier generation Ryzen but it's still a marvel of efficiency for the processing power it delivers.
Thanks for that info, I'm learning a lot more about these chips and it helps a lot. Like I had no idea AM4 stops with 5000 CPU's. This gives me so much more to consider.

Mar 17, 2021
Dude I might have to go with intel lol, I really wanted to go back to AMD but I can't ignore these prices. Beside I have a i5-7600k and been using that for about 4-5 years so this would be a huge upgrade.
Plus the money i save can go to a cooler or gpu

I do have a 2060super but want to upgrade that later when the prices aren't insane.

Thanks again for all the help

Fiorezy

Upstanding
Jul 3, 2020
If you are not that crazy about multitasking, get the 5600X instead, it is already a beast for gaming and very good at multitasking, then save the money for a better gpu.

Mar 17, 2021
The 10700k will be a nice doubling of cores and solid bump up in single thread performance you should be able to feel:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-7600K-vs-Intel-i7-10700K/2919vs3733
I can't wait to build it lol I found the i7 for about 260 I brought my i5 for 200 so I said I can't pass up on that offer. I wanted one of the new Ryzen chips, but for 460 it was a hard pass. Maybe next upgrade or if the price drops in the next week I will get one

Reactions: Master Djoza

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS