[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 5800X or i7-10700K

Mar 17, 2021
I'm trying to decide between these two, the intel is cheaper by 125$ So I wanted to know if it's worth it to pay extra and move to Ryzen or stay with Intel. I like how Ryzen mobos support more than two gens like intel. But the price is a bit high and I heard that this Ryzen chip runs very hot.

I'll be using this pc for games and streaming also a lot of multitasking

I like how Ryzen mobos support more than two gens like intel.
Be aware that AM4 stops with 5000 series CPU's, or Zen 3. Zen 4 will come out on some as yet to be revealed socket...maybe an AM5, maybe something all new (LGA?). It's expected to run with DDR5 that pretty well dictates a socket change.

With all the drama and heartburn surrounding each generation's release on AM4 I wonder whether AMD will continue the practice of supporting multiple generation CPU's in the same socket/chipset.

Zen3 runs 'hot' compared to earlier generation Ryzen but it's still a marvel of efficiency for the processing power it delivers.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021
Be aware that AM4 stops with 5000 series CPU's, or Zen 3. Zen 4 will come out on some as yet to be revealed socket...maybe an AM5, maybe something all new (LGA?). It's expected to run with DDR5 that pretty well dictates a socket change.

With all the drama and heartburn surrounding each generation's release on AM4 I wonder whether AMD will continue the practice of supporting multiple generation CPU's in the same socket/chipset.

Zen3 runs 'hot' compared to earlier generation Ryzen but it's still a marvel of efficiency for the processing power it delivers.

Thanks for that info, I'm learning a lot more about these chips and it helps a lot. Like I had no idea AM4 stops with 5000 CPU's. This gives me so much more to consider.

Mar 17, 2021

Dude I might have to go with intel lol, I really wanted to go back to AMD but I can't ignore these prices. Beside I have a i5-7600k and been using that for about 4-5 years so this would be a huge upgrade.
Plus the money i save can go to a cooler or gpu

I do have a 2060super but want to upgrade that later when the prices aren't insane.

Thanks again for all the help

Mar 17, 2021
The 10700k will be a nice doubling of cores and solid bump up in single thread performance you should be able to feel:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-7600K-vs-Intel-i7-10700K/2919vs3733

I can't wait to build it lol I found the i7 for about 260 I brought my i5 for 200 so I said I can't pass up on that offer. I wanted one of the new Ryzen chips, but for 460 it was a hard pass. Maybe next upgrade or if the price drops in the next week I will get one

Reactions: Dj0gany