Dec 17, 2020
Hi,

This is my first experience to build a computer. I chose the Ryzen 7 5800x and the MSI B550M Mortar because I thought there was a good combination. But after I tried the benchmark using Cinebench R20, it turned out that my score was lower than the results of other reviews / benchmarks, especially for single core performance. I got 5524 pts for multicore and only 253 pts for single core.

I think to get a score between 5800-6000 for multicore and 590-600 for singlecore no need to overclock, just run by default. I'm guessing it's just the chipset driver/ bios but I've updated all of them and get similar score. About PBO, I have loaded the profiles available in the bios and it can increase the performance of a single core, to around 260 pts, still low score, lol. What do you think about this one? Is possible that my Ryzen 7 5800x broken? I'm not sure about that. Because when I run game Cyberpunk 2077 I don't have a problem.

This is my spec :
Ryzen 7 5800x (1,5Ghz - 2Ghz when running single core benchmark)
MSI B550M Mortar (Bios 7C94v152) - VCore 1.446V
G.skill Trident Z 2X8GB 3200 and 3600 (same result)
MSI Ventus 3060ti 2x OC
Masterliquid 240L
Corsair RM650 Gold

Is there anyone here who can find out the problem? Thank you!

Note :
Even though when using this processor for gaming there are no problems, I wonder why the scores on benchmarks are so low
See my picture below

tofXL0YplqwGfAw82YnsrckY1MdfaJ1rAR9oVxTy9Ol3DDvj1Knw4pLz9wUVkcO37Uq8pkbRUG3-RA=w1920-h966

Solution
Hi,

This is my first experience to build a computer. I chose the Ryzen 7 5800x and the MSI B550M Mortar because I thought there was a good combination. But after I tried the benchmark using Cinebench R20, it turned out that my score was lower than the results of other reviews / benchmarks, especially for single core performance. I got 5524 pts for multicore and only 253 pts for single core.

I think to get a score between 5800-6000 for multicore and 590-600 for singlecore no need to overclock, just run by default. I'm guessing it's just the chipset driver/ bios but I've updated all of them and get similar score. About PBO, I have loaded the profiles available in the bios and it can increase the performance of a single core, to...
Hi,

I think to get a score between 5800-6000 for multicore and 590-600 for singlecore no need to overclock, just run by default. I'm guessing it's just the chipset driver/ bios but I've updated all of them and get similar score. About PBO, I have loaded the profiles available in the bios and it can increase the performance of a single core, to around 260 pts, still low score, lol. What do you think about this one? Is possible that my Ryzen 7 5800x broken? I'm not sure about that. Because when I run game Cyberpunk 2077 I don't have a problem.

This is my spec :
Ryzen 7 5800x (1,5Ghz - 2Ghz when running single core benchmark)
MSI B550M Mortar (Bios 7C94v152) - VCore 1.446V
G.skill Trident Z 2X8GB 3200 and 3600 (same result)
MSI Ventus 3060ti 2x OC
Masterliquid 240L
Corsair RM650 Gold

Is there anyone here who can find out the problem? Thank you!

Note :
Even though when using this processor for gaming there are no problems, I wonder why the scores on benchmarks are so low
See my picture below

tofXL0YplqwGfAw82YnsrckY1MdfaJ1rAR9oVxTy9Ol3DDvj1Knw4pLz9wUVkcO37Uq8pkbRUG3-RA=w1920-h966
Sorry don't se a picture but....
At that frequency no wonder scores are that low. Those frequencies (up to2.2GHz) I get when I set in Windows or Ryzen power plan Maximum processor state at 50% or less. so I would check that first. You could also install https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-download.html I find it works best. Also https://betanews.com/2019/04/01/windows-10-ultimate-performance-power-plan/
What scores you get with BIOS at defaults + XMP?
PS. Did you do clean install of windows ?

Solution
Dec 17, 2020
Sorry don't se a picture but....
At that frequency no wonder scores are that low. Those frequencies (up to2.2GHz) I get when I set in Windows or Ryzen power plan Maximum processor state at 50% or less. so I would check that first. You could also install https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-download.html I find it works best. Also https://betanews.com/2019/04/01/windows-10-ultimate-performance-power-plan/
What scores you get with BIOS at defaults + XMP?
PS. Did you do clean install of windows ?

Thank you very much! After I reinstalled Windows 10, suddenly the performance power plan came up. The power plan has a very significant difference in performance, so if you feel that your benchmark score is low, try checking the power plan you chose first. Power saver - Balanced - High Performance - Ultimate Performance.