Question Ryzen 7 5800x Won't Post

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 19, 2022
B550-A Pro
Ryzen 7 5800x
16 gb (8×2) 3600mhz
Radeon 6800xt asrock
1000w gold psu
1tb m.2
2tb hdd

Made new build. Doesn't post with 5800x. CPU ez debug led. Have tried updating bios through like 5 different iterations with no luck. Have tried removing cmos battery and putting it back after 5 minute. No worky. Have tried using different ram and no use. Tried swapping the cpu with a Ryzen 5 5600g from a different working build and it worked. Post and booted into bios no problem. Tried putting 5800x into the build the 5600g came from and that build didn't post. The 5600g build has it's own graphics card; I am aware the 5800x needs one. I'm inclined to believe it's the cpu that's the issue, but I received a 5800x before this one with the exact same issues. Returned that one to Amazon because I assumed the cpu to be the issue. But receiving another brand new one with the same problems? I can't be so unlucky to receive 2 dead cpus in a row right? Or maybe the first one wasn't even dead and I did something incorrect? I need your help!

Nov 19, 2022
And you are plugging monitor into GPU
Yes I plug through the GPU. I've tried removing the ram to see if the beep changes but none. I've tried installing different ram that I know 100% works in each slot and no worky. I've tried reseating the gpu and making sure the pci-e connecters plug in real nice. No worky. Interestingly, the 5600x does work in my other builds. I'm going to throw in the towel and use the 5600g with the build because it works and I am just done. Thank you guys for helping me as much as you could. You've teached me alot through my journey and you have my gratitude.

Farewell Comrades,

D Dog

P.S
If there are things I haven't tried that you wish to suggest; I am all ears and will try them out.

P.S.S
💪😎

Yes I plug through the GPU. I've tried removing the ram to see if the beep changes but none. I've tried installing different ram that I know 100% works in each slot and no worky. I've tried reseating the gpu and making sure the pci-e connecters plug in real nice. No worky. Interestingly, the 5600x does work in my other builds. I'm going to throw in the towel and use the 5600g with the build because it works and I am just done. Thank you guys for helping me as much as you could. You've teached me alot through my journey and you have my gratitude.

Farewell Comrades,

D Dog

P.S
If there are things I haven't tried that you wish to suggest; I am all ears and will try them out.

P.S.S
💪😎

Glad to offer help. But, annoyed we can't get to the bottom of your issue. With so many variations on what does and doesn't work, my head is spinning! :tearsofjoy: (Just kidding). I'll keep the thinking cap on and get back to you if I think of any other fixes.