Ryzen 7 or i7 for new build

zeldanerd134

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
I'm doing my first build and im not sure weather to get Ryzen 7 or i7. I'm going to be doing more than just gaming and will be using programs to do video editing and also photo editing. I also want to do some streaming and would like to maintain good fps.

For intel I was looking at the 7700k since I can't afford the extremely high end CPUs and for Ryzen I was looking at the 1700. Which would be the better CPU for what I want to do? Also which cards would pair well with these CPUs? Thanks!

Solution
In bench marking standards, the 1700 is clearly the superior option for what you are saying your intended uses are. i7 wins in most single threaded tests, but overall the 1700 or even 1600/x are right in the mix and offer performance strong enough that arguing over a few % points is unless.

If you are multi-tasking, compiling and editing, get the faster 16Gb of RAM you can and the AMD CPU you like the most... and it seems the 1700 is perfect for your needs.

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
In bench marking standards, the 1700 is clearly the superior option for what you are saying your intended uses are. i7 wins in most single threaded tests, but overall the 1700 or even 1600/x are right in the mix and offer performance strong enough that arguing over a few % points is unless.

If you are multi-tasking, compiling and editing, get the faster 16Gb of RAM you can and the AMD CPU you like the most... and it seems the 1700 is perfect for your needs.

Solution