Question Ryzen 7 overheating after installing new AIO Cooler

TheBigTwinkie

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
I just installed my new liquid cooler in my signature and I had issues with my cpu overheating on boot. My cooler is properly affixed and the fans do work. How can i fix this issue?

InvalidError

Titan
If the CPU block is installed correctly, it should take a minute or two for the whole block and the fluid (mostly water) in it to get hot enough to trigger thermal trip even without coolant flow. If the CPU overheats within seconds during boot, the block is most likely not installed correctly. Either you are missing thermal paste or the block isn't lying flat against the CPU's IHS.

I plugged them in as instructed into the CPU cooler slots.
What are CPU cooler slots?

I'd plug the CPU pump into the CPU Fan header and set it in BIOS to operate at 12V, since it's probably DC controlled. That way it will operate full speed all the time...recommended for AIO pumps.

The radiator fans plug into the splitter provided then into a motherboard System Fan header. Set that to a comfortable curve.

If your mobo happens to have a pump header then use that for the pump of course and the CPU Fan header for the radiator fans. But set curves as I said before.

TheBigTwinkie

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
What are CPU cooler slots?

I'd plug the CPU pump into the CPU Fan header and set it in BIOS to operate at 12V, since it's probably DC controlled. That way it will operate full speed all the time...recommended for AIO pumps.

The radiator fans plug into the splitter provided then into a motherboard System Fan header. Set that to a comfortable curve.

If your mobo happens to have a pump header then use that for the pump of course and the CPU Fan header for the radiator fans. But set curves as I said before.
I did plug them in as you said and I will try to set it to Operate at 12V