Question ryzen 7 pro 3700 or ryzen 5 5500 or ryzen 5 5600

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
I'm searching for a cpu yo upgrade my pc and i m stuck between 3 cpu
ryzen 7 pro 3700 and ryzen 5 5600 are on 130euros
ryzen 5 500 is on 100 euros
wich one is the best or the most worth for money ???

my current pc
motherboard:b450 aorus m
cpu:ryzen 3 2200g
ram:28gb 3200mhz +24gb 3000 mhz
graphics card: gtx 1660 gigabite
psu:thermaltake 550w
storage:ssd nvme kingston kc2000 500gb + 1tb hdd

Reactions: jnjnilson6

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
i ve installed all the ram sticks but if it s better i ll use only the 2*8gb sticks

i use my pc mostly for gaming
I would say, keep your RAM sticks. RAM sticks are RAM sticks invariably. If they are compatible and work together, the more the better. A little speed discrepancy would prove nothing major. I remember on older systems, before DDR RAM, it did not really matter how fast the RAM was as long as it was RAM and things did not fall to the hard drive. Mostly all types of RAM are very fast and would get your work done in a pristine and accommodating manner. So the more RAM you've got, the better.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
Using two sticks of RAM is suggested for best performance with these older Ryzen's. Make sure they are in slots A2 and B2 of the motheboard. You can try to poluate all four slots but you'll be limited to the default 2133MHz memory frequency. The 5600x runs best from 3200MHz-3600MHz.

The 5600x would be the best choice.
A very illuminating comment!

Isn't the 3700 Pro a little faster than the 5600X? I mean, it is as far as we may dabble within the benchmarking world.

Reactions: mitsstag

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
Using two sticks of RAM is suggested for best performance with these older Ryzen's. Make sure they are in slots A2 and B2 of the motheboard. You can try to poluate all four slots but you'll be limited to the default 2133MHz memory frequency. The 5600x runs best from 3200MHz-3600MHz.

In addition, I abide by the swifter pronouncement that the more RAM you have, the better. When more RAM is cached the software operates faster and if at any one point in time you should use software which calls up a lot of Gigabytes (more than installed), having less RAM may stop you dead in your tracks and smooth operation will be terminated in the dreary nuances of disadvantageous productivity.

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
In addition, I abide by the swifter pronouncement that the more RAM you have, the better. When more RAM is cached the software operates faster and if at any one point in time you should use software which calls up a lot of Gigabytes (more than installed), having less RAM may stop you dead in your tracks and smooth operation will be terminated in the dreary nuances of disadvantageous productivity.
thanks for all you replies

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020

thanks for your replies