Ryzen 7 Ram OC Problem!

Nov 14, 2018
Hello guys,

I bought a new pc two days ago. I mounted everything up, hardware and software wise everything is good except that i cant overclock my ram memories.

My build is as follows:
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X470 f Gaming
Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700x
Ram: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident Z (TZRX)
Gpu: Msi GTX 1070ti
Cpu Cooler: Msi frozr XL
Ssd: Samsung nvme 970 evo 500gb.

I have updated bios to 4024 version.
I tried setting the d.c.o.p profile 1 with ez mode bios and it set the memories to 3200 but it doesnt boot.

I tried manually and also increased voltage point by point from 1.35 default to even 1.45 and still not bootable. I didn't touch timings.

Everything was on auto except the settings i did manually on ram.

The only stable memory speed is when i set them at 2666 which i run the pc with.

Also my Cpu is running at 4.3ghz without setting any overclock but its temps are around 50 to 60 Celsius within black ops 4 with every graphics setting on max at 1440p. Fps varies from 80 to 110 fps.

If you guys have any solutions/advise it will be much appreciated! Thanks for your time!

Solution
They SHOULD be installed in slots A2 and B2. Try that. A2 is the second slot away from the CPU and B2 is the one closest to the edge of the motherboard. On many boards memory operation will be erratic when installed in other configurations than the population rules outlined in the motherboard manual and practically ALL modern consumer chipsets prefer that the A2 and B2 slots be used when two modules are installed.
They SHOULD be installed in slots A2 and B2. Try that. A2 is the second slot away from the CPU and B2 is the one closest to the edge of the motherboard. On many boards memory operation will be erratic when installed in other configurations than the population rules outlined in the motherboard manual and practically ALL modern consumer chipsets prefer that the A2 and B2 slots be used when two modules are installed.

Solution
Nov 14, 2018
I changed the slots and it works correctly.
I enabled the d.c.o.p profile through ez mode bios ui and it booted with no problems.
I also run a windows memory diagnostic and had no problems there either.
After a short gaming session in black ops 4 i had no problems at all. Everything looks great.

THANKS alot for your help, you are the best!