Ryzen 7 will not stick

emjay.lee

Honorable
Apr 13, 2018
I've been searching all over, including the people I bought it from, and no one seem to have a similar problem. I have a Asus z370-Prime and a Ryzen 7 (AM4). So the strange problem is that as I took the cpu from the box, pulled up the lever, slid it into place, so far so great. I pull the lever forward to secure the cpu into place and... it remains loose. I remove it gently, check that no pins are bent or broken (how this could happen taking it straight from the box who knows) but everything seem correct, no visible bent pins or anything out of place. I try again. Pull upp the lever. It slides perfectlý into place. I carefully secure the lever. And boom! Same problem. I am getting really frustrated, especially since my Arctic Cooler also is causing me problems, but that's another issue for another time.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? I probably can box up cpu and mobo and send it back to the retailer since I've just unboxed everything. But I'd prefer not to since my current computer is really, really on it's last leg and I want this built and going asap. My experience with retailers is that they take a hell of a lot of time to replace stuff.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you sure you have the Z370 Prime board from Asus(and it's not a typo)? If so, you've got the wrong board and can/will damage the pics on the CPU socket on the board. You were supposed to look at a B450 chipset board or at the very least a B350 chipset board. Who told you to get a Z370 chipset board? That board is meant for Intel processors, from the 8th/9th generation.

Moved thread from CPUs to Systems.

emjay.lee

Honorable
Apr 13, 2018
so I'm an idiot. Some pins were bent and with the assistance of a razorblade - haven't actually turned it on yet - I straightened out the pins until it slid into place. Fingers crossed it will work.