Question Ryzen 7000 burn out at stock?

ikissfutebol

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
As the title says. I am looking at a Ryzen 5 7600. I don’t overclock anything. Is this burnout issue something impacting stock folks or just overclockers?

ikissfutebol

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
Everyone, even the X3D SKU's, so you're advised to make sure the BIOS is on the latest version prior to dropping in the latest generation Ryzen processor onto the socket.

Edit: just to clarify, the issue is on the motherboard.
How would you update the BIOS without a CPU in? Sorry- every time I have ever updated BIOS, I had already built the whole system. Will the system turn on without a CPU? Never tried :)

How would you update the BIOS without a CPU in? Sorry- every time I have ever updated BIOS, I had already built the whole system. Will the system turn on without a CPU? Never tried :)
Some MBs have a button for it, don't require CPU to update BIOS.
There were just very few cases of burn outs and all with top models of CPUs, There's no reports of 7600 faults.
While still in BIOS (where you update BIOS from) CPU is in low power state with lowest possible voltage (too high voltage at full load which was the reason for burnouts) so even BIOS update shouldn't be a problem. Beside that most MB should now come with updated BIOS versions.